"How to build the perfect 1441" it will save you time and headaches!~

Hey guys that care, I decided to stop here and start over with a self taped video series. Nobody in the room but me and NITRO. Fist video later today. I hope at the least it puts a face and voice with a name. :beerchug:

I will say this. In this line of business, you have to leave the wow factor very very strong or your customer won't be happy. What would please a regular guy does not please the speed freaks. Every bike must go fast.......lessons learned. MUST GO FAST :beerchug:

yup, once I spent alot of extra time to setup extra flood lights, a tripod and everything else I was able to take some pictures that are almost as good as yours. :beerchug: I always said good pics.

I had you on ignore buit I had to read for some reason, addicting isn't, nevertheless I thank you and your photos look like mine now.

Thanks for sharing...I'll look for this thread when I have to wrench the lump. +20% would be a nice jolt for a regular dude like me.

(1) Thanks to Kevin of KWS, Set your dial indicator up properly. Take a measurement rocking the piston as far forward towards the front of the motor. Write the measurement down. Rock the piston all the way towards the back of the motor and take a measurement. So if forward was .002 and backwards was .007, add the two = .009 and divide by two: .008 would be your depth in the hole.

Ahhhh, I believe .009 divided by two equals .0045, not .008.

(1) Thanks to Kevin of KWS, Set your dial indicator up properly. Take a measurement rocking the piston as far forward towards the front of the motor. Write the measurement down. Rock the piston all the way towards the back of the motor and take a measurement. So if forward was .002 and backwards was .007, add the two = .009 and divide by two: .008 would be your depth in the hole.

Correct thats why I use a calculator, most of the time I have four in the shop. So it would be .004 for me :beerchug:

:whistle:

I will finish this thread a year from now because I really am not at my best yet. I have a reputation to fix. I will leave this for you guys some of the things I got to practice on.. :bowdown:

th_HPCGear004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg , You don't have a reputation to fix! Those who have dealt with you know what kind of person you are and how you run your business . Keep up the good work Bro! :thumbsup:

Was there a video ever made for this build? Im trying to learn so I could build my 1397 myself..

Have you ever built a motor ? If not then maybe your bird is not the best option to start . However if your just talking the pistons , and retiming your cams its not that hard , but you need to check ring gaps . Make sure you put the rings facing the correct way also . Do you have a shim kit / vernier caliper / clean place to work ?

Back