How reliable is hayabusa ?

They are very reliable, (unlike Hardleys) sorry, I could not help myself there. :poke:
That's funny...because everytime the guys at work go on a ride with me....one of em riding a Harley breaks.....it never fails....except ONE time when only one Harley went (and his bike is a garage queen anyway) and that time the Victory guy broke. I'm always the one breaking out my tool kit to help them out. They apparently aren't smart enough to pack tools in those samsonite-sized saddle bags...another useless item they all seem to love but don't have the slightest clue what they should really be packing in them.

21K on Suzi, no issues except the tires keep wearing out and the gas tank must leak cause it seems to always be close to empty!! :laugh:

Seriously, aside from normal maintenance I have had zero trouble with mine, an 05'

The transmission hands down. They are the weak link for the Busa. First thing if I get an 08-09'Busa will be to undercut the trans.

Gen2 use a new trans...smooth as silk and stronger too :thumbsup:

12 yr old thread here but I’ve had three sets of fork seals replaced on my 06 that now has just under 70,000 miles. One leak was from a tumbleweed that blew into the front end from the side during a high speed run. A needle got stuck under the wiper/seal and caused one fork to leak. Don’t know how or why the forks leaked the other two times and only one fork leaked but I always had them replaced as a pair.

Same here. Right side fork leaking right now. Left ok so far. No other issues.
Yep mine was the right. The dealership covered it when it started leaking. Wasnt hardly a year old. After that I ended up having to have them done again. Dont remember at what mileage it was but they held after that. sold it at about 60k miles on it and it was still good

Wow... 60 k is amazing.
Mine is only 8k right now. The seal started to leak at around 7 k most likely due to age than wear and tear. The bike is an 06 so, stuff starts to act up at this point.

40k on 99 copper and 30k on 08 orange out of the 10 motorcycles I've had you can't get anymore reliable and cost of maintenance for a sports bike I had both gen zx14s and they can't come close only put 30k on both those and had problems...thats why it's still a 1340 I will take reliability over a few more cc I will unlock its full potential and still rack up the miles and that peace of mind is everything.

Last edited:
40k on 99 copper and 30k on 08 orange out of the 10 motorcycles I've had you can't get anymore reliable and cost of maintenance for a sports bike I had both gen zx14s and they can't come close only put 30k on both those and had problems...thats why it's still a 1340 I will take reliability over a few more cc I will unlock its full potential and still rack up the miles and that peace of mind is everything.
I have 50k trouble free miles on my Gen1 ZX-14. The busa is doing fine too though at 15k. Both run like new.

Yep mine was the right. The dealership covered it when it started leaking. Wasnt hardly a year old. After that I ended up having to have them done again. Dont remember at what mileage it was but they held after that. sold it at about 60k miles on it and it was still good
By the way... I tried that fork seals healer thing again after I had the front wheel off for the new tire and lo and behold, it worked.
My fork seals are fine and forks are dry as a bone. No leaks at all... and No, they did not run out of oil. Lol.

My '99 Gen 1 now has 145,000kms and no breakdowns . . ever.
Just the usual preventative maintenance, and it runs very nicely.
The Busa engine is so strong and so low stressed it will not break.
Also, in a strreet application, it's crazy to rev them over 7000rpm, it just means you're going way too fast and being prone to police interference and the risk of crashing.

My '99 Gen 1 now has 145,000kms and no breakdowns . . ever.
Just the usual preventative maintenance, and it runs very nicely.
The Busa engine is so strong and so low stressed it will not break.
Also, in a strreet application, it's crazy to rev them over 7000rpm, it just means you're going way too fast and being prone to police interference and the risk of crashing.
You mean crazy to rev them Under 7000rpm...Under

Aaaaaahh, youth is wasted on the young!
My Busa is plenty quick enuff at 7 grand, the mid range power is plenty for me lol.
Yes, there was a time when I was a young man and I would watch that tacho needle swing wildly around to 7500rpm, utter madness, but yes, I took the risk, it WAS worth it!!
200.gif

Aaaaaahh, youth is wasted on the young!
My Busa is plenty quick enuff at 7 grand, the mid range power is plenty for me lol.
Yes, there was a time when I was a young man and I would watch that tacho needle swing wildly around to 7500rpm, utter madness, but yes, I took the risk, it WAS worth it!!
View attachment 1644092
I don't rev the "guts" out of my bike but once in a while on a certain undisclosed road, I let it have it's head and wind it up somewhat...if I didn't want the exhilaration of the acceleration this 'ol gal gives me, I'd be riding something else.

pretty sure secondary butterflies would be a reference to the old 4bbl carbs we used to have on muscle car engines... Haven't seen a carb on a motorcycle since the 1980s... granted I was busy throughout the 90s, but fuel injection is way better... :)

Back