How NOT to post photos of items

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
ok, enough "fuzzygraphs"... seems like many end up with photos that are far less useful than they could be.. most of the time, the camera is capable but the user is behind the curve..

all the below images were simply done with Picasa (by Google) they have an excellent cropping tool and it resizes images nicely for the web..

The most common issue appears to be "close ups".. check your manual for "macro" settings if you are trying to get a closeup of a small item.. most often there is a setting on your camera that allows very close shots..

ALTERNATELY (if you do not want to read)..

most have cameras that shoot 6 or more megapixel shots... Folks, this is way adequate for taking a picture of something 2 or 3 feet away and then cropping the image down to the subject.. getting closer only kills your focus and makes the image useless..

examples of what not to do..
here we are , just too close for comfort..

DSC_0007.JPG

Lets backup from the subject about 2 feet..

DSC_0007.JPG

and now we will crop the image to only include what we want..

DSC_0009.JPG

other issues... too much junk in picture

DSC_0010.JPG

take a few moments to remove "non subject" related matter from your shots... there is plenty more to photography (namely white balance is your friend) but that is another subject.. :) find a back ground with contrast.. Now shoot about 10 photos of the object and see what you like to look at..

if you want more hints, we can get a lot more technical.. :)

Good tips Bogus. Now.. I have been trying to take some sexy pictures of myself and just can't get it right... :laugh:

Good tips Bogus. Now.. I have been trying to take some sexy pictures of myself and just can't get it right... :laugh:

For you? get a full length mirror, strip down, turn off all the lights, turn OFF the flash and shoot till you drop... :rofl:

I thought any pic was a anti ho'ing tool.

I better take a photography class.

:rofl:

let me get this straight, when I am at Hooters......and the young well endowed ladies want a pic with the Busa... I should only take a picture of them from the neck up?
This is to keep out the clutter?
I like some clutter... but if you insist..... :laugh:

let me get this straight, when I am at Hooters......and the young well endowed ladies want a pic with the Busa... I should only take a picture of them from the neck up?
This is to keep out the clutter?
I like some clutter... but if you insist..... :laugh:

In some cases clutter is a VERY good thing!!:laugh:

Back