Samples from Canon Rebel XT/350D

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
For the ones who mentioned my camera in the puppy pics thread here's a couple of shots taken with my Canon 2.8 Macro lens and the Rebel XT. Now THIS is detail! Now I can't wait to get some better glass in my hands. I knew it was making awesome images with the cheap kit lens, but this is incredible!
super.gif
Best of all, I saved for it and paid CASH instead of putting it on credit cards like I did my old photo equipment. I think that in and of it's self makes the image quality somewhat better!
laugh.gif

Nothing of interest, just showing the detail captured by this camera/lens combo. It wasn't surprising to me, but I found that the pics from the 100 2.8 Macro lens required less agressive sharpening after being resized to get this amount of detail. The kit lens images take a bit more sharpening to bring out the detail once they are resized.
wink.gif

Close-up of the charger to my Dewalt cordless driver...

IMG_0057.jpg

Shot of the center cap of one of my stove eyes, which I now notice needs cleanin'. Didn't really notice that with my naked eye. Sometimes too much detail is embarassing!
blush.gif

IMG_0059.jpg

wow...that's some high-definition.
thumbs-up.gif

You know, I've been missing pics that had "BT" quality in 'em....they just seem to be rendered awful great!

Now how 'bout some Kawi shots? I mean, we gotta have some bike pics, bro!
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Although now, on second thought....it makes me realize just how crappy of a photog I am.
laugh.gif

Every time I try and take a pic for the board, I'm always imagining it comin out like these...but somehow, somewhere along the line, it always ends up lookin like it was crapped on. LOL...never could seem to acheive the "BT" quality.

Sigh...mebbe I'll just stick to riding.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back