Cameras?  Cameras....  Bought a Leica, Sold Leica

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
So Everyone, I'm still alive and kicking. I've been working my butt off, having fun with the new car, contemplating selling my Busa, riding a bunch of different bikes... The Wife is good, everything is going great...

Anyhoo, been needing to update my camera, I've been happily using digital Elphs for the last 6-7 years and they are fantastic pocketable, and rugged cameras. So I thought I'd do something different get some muscle in my Camera and step it up a bit. I've been wanting something more flexible, with more manual controls.

So, I bought a Leica D-Lux3. Very Nice 10megapixel camera with a fantastic lens, great rugged body, and fast image processor. I enjoyed it, I liked the results, but... It didn't fit in my pocket... It was just a little too big. Pisser.

Leica_Dlux3-1.jpg

Here's a couple of sample shots from the Leica.

Forgive the subject matter, it's what I've been messing with the last few months.

L1000189.jpg

No crop on these the cool part of the Leica was the WIDE lense.

L1000256.jpg

L1000203.jpg

So yeah, Great clear wide format shots, BUT doesn't fit in my pocket.

Hmm, What to do??? Well I want a camera that fits in my pocket and goes everywhere I go. I know I will not lug around big cameras on a day to day basis so it must be pocketable. So Out goes the Leica, and In comes this little Guy.

Canon SD1000. Best part is it's dirt cheap, super tiny and takes great shots. The SD1000 is NOT Canons latest and greatest Elph. But it is their smallest and least expensive. You give up a lot of features for the sake of size, but at $200 +/- I'm willing to give them up.

SD1kfront.jpg

canonixus70back.jpg

Couple of sample pictures from the SD1000

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Part of my 1.5 mile commute to work.
IMG_0411.jpg

Macro Work

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

And of course a couple of my current obsession. Same angle just about as the one above.

IMG_0412.jpg

Here's the trouble though, while the SD1000 takes fine snapshots, I still want the power of the bigger camera... So it look slike I'll be buying a new G7 in a Few months then I'll have both ends of the enthusiast photographer realm covered. Small and compact, and feature rich and powerful.

Both Camera Rock, the Leica is the nicest camera I've ever had and took fantastic pictures. but it just wasn't tiny enough. The SD1000 is basic, takes nice pictures, and gets the shot when the shot is there... Hard to beat.

Cheers!

And yeah I've got many more photos if we are all still picture junkies here...
biggrin.gif

Nice pics, Rev! Keep 'em coming. Yeah, we're still picture junkies!

Good hearing from ya!

Thanks Oms, looks like there isn't a lot of folks out there that know who the hell I am...
smile.gif

But What the hell, I'm going to post up more pics anyhoo... Just for the hell of it.

Looking out front of the house. Got the windows tinted a few weeks ago, looks like I'll be going back to have it looked at and probably re-done. Something going on with it.

IMG_0399.jpg

I also have some new wheels coming... They look sorta like this only different, with a polished lip.
smile.gif
Ordered up some DPE's they are forged, made in California... We'll see, I've been waiting for a few weeks now.

Wheels-black-SSRs.jpg

Anyway mostly just wanted to say:

kitty-2.jpg

smile.gif

Found a different Scotch the other day, Something I had never tried anyway.

Scapa, from the Orkney islands. It's got a real nice flavor... Not horribly expensive either.

SCAPA1-L1000285.jpg

SCAPA2-L1000285.jpg

Celebrated my 36th??? Last month, that's where the Scotch came from.

Anyway How the hell is everyone?

Yo Rev!!!!!

The car looks HOT!!! Those rims will be a nice addition.

I think both cameras is the only way to go, you need one that you can throw in your pocket and one for the "i may print these one day" photos!

I use a Sony M1 and a Cannon here.

Good to hear from ya
beerchug.gif

I was THIS CLOSE to posting a "Where the heck has REV gone" thread! Good to see you enjoying your hobbies. Glad you posted up! I say keep your busa until you absolutely can live with the fact of never owning it again
smile.gif

(WWJD @ Aug. 15 2007,15:19) I was THIS CLOSE to posting a "Where the heck has REV gone" thread! Good to see you enjoying your hobbies. Glad you posted up! I say keep your busa until you absolutely can live with the fact of never owning it again
smile.gif
Yeah, that's why she's still in the garage for sure. But to be honest, I think I am just about ready. Seems to be a real waste just having that bike sitting there in perfect condition not getting ridden.

I dunno though, what then? Buy another bike? It's kind of what I am leaning towards still. Find a bike that's a little less hazardous to my license. Something extra comfy that's still fun.

OR maybe no bike at all. Just don't know. It's paid for, so it doesn't hurt anything to have it sitting in the garage.

It's just super messed up that I haven't even really thought of getting out there on her in the last couple of months. Not once... I have no good explanation for it, but I am pretty certain she'll be up for sale in the next few weeks. Typing it out here now seems to make my direction even more clear...

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 15 2007,15:20) Nice Bro
beerchug.gif
Good to hear from you
super.gif
Thanks Man, I' know I'm pretty horrible at keeping in touch, you should hear the hell I catch from my folks...

(heavybusa @ Aug. 15 2007,15:17) Yo Rev!!!!!

The car looks HOT!!! Those rims will be a nice addition.

I think both cameras is the only way to go, you need one that you can throw in your pocket and one for the "i may print these one day" photos!

I use a Sony M1 and a Cannon here.

Good to hear from ya
beerchug.gif
Hey Heavy, good to see you...

Yeah I think the two cameras will be the answer... The little SD1000 is perfect for snap shots, and at 7 megapixels prints pretty nice, but little zoom, and no manual controls gets frustrating quick when trying to capture something unique or artsy.

(Revlis @ Aug. 15 2007,15:flamethrowing:)
(BA BUSA @ Aug. 15 2007,15:20) Nice Bro  
beerchug.gif
Good to hear from you  
super.gif
Thanks Man, I' know I'm pretty horrible at keeping in touch, you should hear the hell I catch from my folks...
I know that FIRST hand...I tried to get a hold of you when I went north for the mjn ride. Even had Mark look for your sorry azz
tounge.gif

No worries Brother
wink.gif
but next year I'm gonna hunt you down
guns.gif

Well, well, look what the cat dragged in  
tounge.gif

Good to see you around...gotta say, that red leather interior looks nice  
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear life's good Rev...give your wife my best regards
smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,06:45) Well, well, look what the cat dragged in
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
Thanks VA, I don't mean to stay away, but while I am still dealing with my SELL Or SAVE trauma here with Lilah I don't want the fine folks here to warp and cloud my decision making abilities.
smile.gif

How about you, How's??? Everything?

Ceasar?
Kids?
Mustang?
Neck/Back?
Husband?

Your plans to take over the world and feed everyone Jimmy Buffet?
How's all of that.

270917403_1ae736f6c5.jpg

smile.gif

(USN05LE @ Aug. 16 2007,06:38) Rev,
Good to hear from you. Didn't know if you were still alive and kickin'. Great pics.

Don
Still Kicking, having a good time...
beerchug.gif

I don't really drink much, at least not unless I'm in Canada, but this is sort of a cold frosty one...
laugh.gif

L1000120smlweb.jpg

(Revlis @ Aug. 16 2007,11:26)
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
Thanks VA, I don't mean to stay away, but while I am still dealing with my SELL Or SAVE trauma here with Lilah I don't want the fine folks here to warp and cloud my decision making abilities.  
smile.gif

How about you, How's???   Everything?

Ceasar?
Kids?
Mustang?
Neck/Back?
Husband?

How's all of that.
Yeah, I keep seeing signs of you selling Lilah and having kids  
wink.gif
 I have so many questions and comments, but I don't want to cloud decisions either  
tounge.gif

Caesar's good...had some issues with a bolt coming loose after a stator cover upgrade, needs a new tire, been sitting too much this riding season...

Kids are amazing and just damn fun...youngest starts kindergarten in a few weeks...time is just flying by...

Mustang is AWESOME and I'm having a blast...been the best summer with my baby, exhaust and header upgrades were not a waste of time  
biggrin.gif

Neck/back?  'eh...I'm getting old LOL

Mike's good...enjoying his new Mustang and researching NOS for it...his first excuse was "well, I just want it" then he took me out for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago and had his ass handed to him by a turbo Neon
laugh.gif
 I think I witnessed his real reasons for needing the additional boost...

Okay, you're up to speed on me...lucky guy...

How's the wife?  What's with this talk of kids anyway?  Come on, give up the details
tounge.gif

smile.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 16 2007,08
zzwhip.gif
)
(Revlis @ Aug. 16 2007,11:26)

How about you, How's??? Everything?

Ceasar?
Kids?
Mustang?
Neck/Back?
Husband?

How's all of that.
Yeah, I keep seeing signs of you selling Lilah and having kids. I have so many questions and comments, but I don't want to cloud decisions either

Caesar's good...had some issues with a bolt coming loose after a stator cover upgrade, needs a new tire, been sitting too much this riding season...

Kids are amazing and just damn fun...youngest starts kindergarten in a few weeks...time is just flying by...

Mustang is AWESOME and I'm having a blast...been the best summer with my baby, exhaust and header upgrades were not a waste of time .

Neck/back? 'eh...I'm getting old LOL

Mike's good...enjoying his new Mustang and researching NOS for it...his first excuse was "well, I just want it" then he took me out for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago and had his ass handed to him by a turbo Neon I think I witnessed his real reasons for needing the additional boost...

Okay, you're up to speed on me...lucky guy...

How's the wife? What's with this talk of kids anyway? Come on, give up the details
tounge.gif
Kids???
eek2.gif
No No, I don't think that came up on my end.
wink.gif
Pretty sure that we are going to remain happily childless. Any time it comes up we talk for about 10-15 minutes, think about it for awhile and then come up with a laundry list of reasons not too.

OR

We go to the mall and as we walk by the play area we'll check out all the kids playing, just being kids and they seem happy enough. Then I'll pan over to the parents, and I start contemplating getting stitched. Just too much chaos, anarchy, drama, and work required... I hear a lot of folks swear by it, but I see so many parents with the fire stamped out of their eyes looking like they want to go play in traffic.

BUT

We'll see, it's not completely off the table,we are in a position to afford a kid or two, and we've got a few more years before we hit a self imposed deadline.

The wife is doing fantastic, she's certainly found her spot. She's passing exams, and is just close to getting her fellowship so she'll have signature authority and a bunch of other cool perks including more money which I won't b!tch about at all. She's heavily involved in toastmasters, and over all is having a blast. She's really found her spot. Me? I'm still screwing around career wise... Just floating along doing my thing, I'll let her be the a$$-buster.
zzwhip.gif

So Mike got a new mustang? What did he get? Besides owned by a Neon? (Which will happen if it's a little popcan SRT-4) I say the answer lies in the Superchargers though.... If for no other reason then they sound Yummy... Got a link to pics somewhere? OH and tell him to watch out for the damn WRX STIs, from a dead stop thay can be a handful as well.
crazy.gif

OH and FWIW, the 2007 H-Ds with FI, 96CI, and the 6-Speed? Much Much Improves machines. If Mike hasn't ridden one yet, don't let him.
cool.gif

zzwhip.gif

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I think of you from time to time because yourself and one coworker of mine have always sworn off having kids...that guy here is expecting a girl in November and I'm having far too much fun teasing him about it...gone are the days of him rubbing in his jaunts to Jamaica, his cruises to far off destinations, his partying 'til 2 a.m.
laugh.gif
Figured you'd fall victim soon after
tounge.gif

Mike got a sweet deal on a sale I found on a Mustang forum just after he totaled his Mazda...guy bought it from someone that owned it for 7 years, never in the rain, garage kept, number blah blah blah of blah blah blah for the 35th anniversary edition...it is prestine! A '99 GT, 15,000 miles, barely broken in. The best part is that the guy that picked up this car dumped maybe $5K or $6K in new wheels/tires, huge custom stereo upgrades, exhaust...we got it for $14,500
biggrin.gif
Mike loves the car, but hates the little ricers and turbos kicking his ass
laugh.gif

sm_MikesMustang.jpg

laugh.gif

P.S. Thanks for the tip on the new Harleys...my Dad just missed getting one and regrets it and I know Mike wants to ride one, but since he barely pulls out the Road King he's got, I'm not too worried right now...

Digging the Mustang, Congrats!!! But it's a convertible, he doesn't HAVE to worry about getting ran over by Turbo Neons, he's got the ragtop, he's allowed to just put the top down and cruise... It's Man Law I think.
smile.gif

It's kind of like the BMW Coupe. Nobody Messes with me but other BMWs and an occasional Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche. Otherwise the folks in the Mustangs, Neons, and such seem to assume that I am just going to be a boring Prick behind the wheel and make no effort... Which is great fun for me, cause I pull two-three lengths on em' before they realize that there's two little turbo's under the hood and a Silly Git behind the wheel grinning like an A-hole...
SHOCKED.gif

BUT folks seem to expect you to be a particular kind of dickweed so I go out of my way to be polite and courteous.

Besides VA you know what BMW stands for right? Brings Me Women... ;) Yippa!

Unfortunately the women seem to be 15-20 year old High School/College Girls...
mad.gif
Oh yeah, I am hugely popular with the 15-20 Asian ladies in this car.
ices_rofl.gif
I think it's the color combination...

L1000334.jpg

Back