How my cowl isn't smooth like other's?

Sithor

Registered
Well I just got a used '04 Hayabusa and the guy I bought it from gave me with the cowl and seat which it comes with, he even threw in a Corbin rear saddle and backrest.  My gripe is that in most pics the cowl is smooth almost all the way around the bottom.  Mine has spaces so you can put the cowl on with the grab handle still there.  I hate that.  Does Suzuki have smooth ones or are the pics just photochops or something?

<!--EDIT|Sithor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117171530 -->

Sithor,
The cowl comes clean, to do the mod which allows installation over the grab bar requires the use of a Dremel or other shaving tool. Stock, they do not have the grooves/slots that you are talking about. I recommend checkin the classifieds and/or ebay.

The previous owner did a mod to the hump to allow him to keep the grab rail with the hump. Of the floor, the Busa hump is smooth across the bottom. You try to trade with someone or buy one since they are for sale quite often.

Looks like we were posting at the same time, MC, but at least we were saying the same thing.

Only for the look because you're right it does serve no real purpose.

I serves no real purpose, but believe me you'll get tired of screwing that grab bar on & off b/t passenger rides if you desired. I have a chromed grab bar and I think it looks SSWWWWEEEEETTT with the hump on. Alot on this board will agree, it saves time and adds a lil pizzazz to the hump style.

Well the guy I bought the bike from must have been a pro with a dremel. I looked at the cuts again and they look stock. They look like so perfect it's ridiculous. He was very meticulous about this bike.

Just find another hump w/out the mod and your set you'll have both I for one don't like the grab/hump mod but they are right, keep a ratchet or cordless set around for taking it off and on with the little wrench it takes awhile

I believe you will find that out about the majority of hayabusa owners. I know I speak for majority on here when I say that we have the best bike out there and I want to keep rachael in as best shape as possible so being meticulous about her comes second nature!!

<!--EDIT|werdkat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117175894 -->

Well I just got a used '04 Hayabusa and the guy I bought it from gave me with the cowl and seat which it comes with, he even threw in a Corbin rear saddle and backrest.  My gripe is that in most pics the cowl is smooth almost all the way around the bottom.  Mine has spaces so you can put the cowl on with the grab handle still there.  I hate that.  Does Suzuki have smooth ones or are the pics just photochops or something?
If you have the black and purple, I have a hump that has not been out of it's box since I bought the bike. I will trade you even up if you want. Email me some pics of the hump and I will do the same if you are interested.

I am NOT gonna touch this one....
laugh.gif

Well I just got a used '04 Hayabusa and the guy I bought it from gave me with the cowl and seat which it comes with, he even threw in a Corbin rear saddle and backrest.  
sounds like you got a great deal, from a knowledgable and good owner... good going...

My little "House-Mouse" would love a seat with a back rest...if its ever for sale, I would love to buy it from you.

welcome to the best Busa board on the planet...

hav a good 1...RSD

Back