How Much Will The New Chain Stretch?

hayabusafalcon

Registered
I've searched through dozen's of posts on chain stretch but can't seem to find out how much it will actually stretch, I'm not talking abusing the chain, I mean average riding, will it stretch like 1/2" overall, 1" overall or what? just curious.???

I am not sure about how much...but it will "relax" from its new state.

Good question...not sure if anyone will know the factual answer or not.

21 pin length is 12.6 inch...if over it is considered worn.

Not sure there is an actual answer. I know mine stretched maybe a 1/2" I had to retighten it twice too keep it taught.

Just keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the answers, I'm just putting a new chain on for my 6" stretched arm and wanting to get it back as far as I can but not too far back so I will have to take links out of the chain after a few runs.:laugh:

Get a good EK or DID chain and don't worry abou it . I have 20k on my chain and only had to adjust twice. I'm extended 8" The price is about the same and with a stock chain you might not be able to get it the lenth you need.

the 112 link stock chain I just pulled from my friend's bike was 2.5" longer than the new EK replacement.

A new chain will stretch the most right away in the first few hundred miles and then stabilize and not stretch much after that. Not sure the exact amount but......??

Keep her on the loose side, i.e. do not overtighten and it will last for a long time.

Back