Chain stretch

didn`t sit there and spin the tire(a burnout) i launched it and spun the tire as i left...we call that liting it up around here..anyway it`s fixed, thanks for your input. BTW-it has been down the 1/4 a few times without any chain problems before this..
dunno.gif
dunno.gif
dunno.gif

dunno.gif

dunno.gif

didn`t sit there and spin the tire(a burnout) i launched it and spun the tire as i left...we call that liting it up around here..anyway it`s fixed, thanks for your input.  BTW-it has been down the 1/4 a few times without any chain problems before this..  
dunno.gif

dunno.gif

dunno.gif
just saying,if you play hard,sh!t happens,,,I see race cars blow motors,rears,trannys..etc all the time...back in the 80's i had a 76 trans am...put 3 motors and 2 trannys in it in 8 months....needless to say that I wasnt just driving 55mph..so I learned,i wasnt rich so I gave up beating it!!!

dunno.gif

dunno.gif

didn`t sit there and spin the tire(a burnout) i launched it and spun the tire as i left...we call that liting it up around here..anyway it`s fixed, thanks for your input.  BTW-it has been down the 1/4 a few times without any chain problems before this..  
dunno.gif

dunno.gif

dunno.gif
just saying,if you play hard,sh!t happens,,,I see race cars blow motors,rears,trannys..etc all the time...back in the 80's i had a 76 trans am...put 3 motors and 2 trannys in it in 8 months....needless to say that I wasnt just driving 55mph..so I learned,i wasnt rich so I gave up beating it!!!
oh i hear what your saying, did the car thing too.you can spend alot of money racing or doggin your stuff. needless to say i won`t be doing that again just had a wild hair for a second.
laugh.gif

dunno.gif

dunno.gif

I have the same sprocket set up as you and love it. I did have to be careful for the first day or two trying to keep the front end down. Just be careful till you get used to it, I know I had to.

DSC00905.jpg

anybody ever lite the back tire up one time and find the chain(hanging bad)loose the next time you stop? happened to me the other day on my 07 , now it`s tight then loose as you rotate the back wheel. i guess i stretched the chain in one spot?? been riding a long time and had alot of bikes and never had that happen before, it`s only got about 4000 miles on the factory RK chain. going to get a DID chain and new sprockets and cush rubbers to replace it. just wondering if anyone else had this problem??
The busa's a big heavy big with a s!@tload of torque...you drop the clutch real hard a few times its like taking a jackhammer to the chain. No chains gonna handle that for too long. Always make sure you take up the chain slack before you drop the clutch.....I rolled my modded 03 on HARD, ALL the time, and chain was still perfect at 13k. No bad stretching/extra adjusting/tight spots ect
winkold.gif

Chains don't stretch.(Well measurably)

They sag due to the wear of contact parts.
They're good for about 20/22000 km.s
If you've only got 4000 k. on this one, tighten it.

Mr. Bogus
I took my old chain and new one, laid them side by side and the actual link plates were distorted on the old chain (bent and pulled).. anyone else ever noticed this?
Chains do indeed stretch as stated by Mr. Bogus.

You don't by any chance have a Renthal sprocket on the rear do you? I had that problem once with a new Renthal Sprocket. I replaced it four times with Renthal Sprockets and they all had tight spots in the chain. I finally went with a Vortex sprocket and all was well.

I actually emailed Renthal and sent photos with the idea they may have had a bad batch of sprockets. They showed very little interest. I have not used Renthal since.

Chains don't stretch.(Well measurably)

They sag due to the wear of contact parts.
They're good for about 20/22000 km.s
If you've only got 4000 k. on this one, tighten it.

Mr. Bogus
I took my old chain and new one, laid them side by side and the actual link plates were distorted on the old chain (bent and pulled).. anyone else ever noticed this?
Chains do indeed stretch as stated by Mr. Bogus.

You don't by any chance have a Renthal sprocket on the rear do you? I had that problem once with a new Renthal Sprocket. I replaced it four times with Renthal Sprockets and they all had tight spots in the chain. I finally went with a Vortex sprocket and all was well.

I actually emailed Renthal and sent photos with the idea they may have had a bad batch of sprockets. They showed very little interest. I have not used Renthal since.
I had a 16t Afam on the front and the stock rear sprocket on the back, got some Vortex sprockets 17/43 and a D.I.D. ZVM2 chain now so we`ll see??

Stock chain is crap. Get ZZZ, adjust it once after first 500 miles and forget about it.

If maintained correctly it will last 30K miles easily. I have 12K on my ZZZ and it looks like new.
beerchug.gif
+1
thumb_up.gif
I got 16,000 on mine since the swap, oh wait a minute, make that 17,000...adjusted it...what...four whole times now
rock.gif
?......
super.gif

Only on cheap chains. I could not wait to get the stock chain off my bike. Suzuki put a chain that is rated for a 1000cc or less bike on a 1300cc bike. I will only buy a chain that is rated 10,000lbs or better. Anything less is cheaper yeah, but wont last.

Most problems with the OEM chain is due to lack of maintenance resulting in an early death or improper adjustment. Unless you have massive HP hooked up to a slick or haul your fat girlfriend on the rear while drag racing, the OEM chain works fine. I've seen 30K plus on a number of chains with no issues.

Well no slick, or drag racing, and 15K on chain... guess it was my "FAT" girlfriend...

DSC_0182-2.JPG

well after taking a couple of long rides with the new chain and sprockets i`d have to say the the OEM chain and/or sprockets were never right from the start. the new stuff is soooo smooth , what a difference!!!! IMO the OEM stuff on my bike was junk, i know someone on here said something about a lack of maint but that ain`t it, been riding and racing and working on motorcycles since i was 8 years old racing AMA or MAMA district 7 and drag raced bikes for 10 years...not to mention i do all my friends chains(because i have the tool) been a mechanic my whole life and i`m anal about my stuff...heck my bike gets cleaned everytime i ride it so it`s not a lack on my part but on suzuki`s part..just my opinion..
rant.gif

Most problems with the OEM chain is due to lack of maintenance resulting in an early death or improper adjustment. Unless you have massive HP hooked up to a slick or haul your fat girlfriend on the rear while drag racing, the OEM chain works fine. I've seen 30K plus on a number of chains with no issues.
You must ride like a harley owner or something.lol I brought my bike new in 01' and I went out for a ride after hauling it home from Sanford, NC to Roanoke Rapids, NC for about a 5 mile ride. Get home and the chain is drooping like crap. I tigthend it up and went for another short ride and got same result. I don't think there is no other maintenance that you can do with the stock crap other than replacing it with some quality parts.
laugh.gif

Back