Chain choice

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Im stretching the Busa finally and need a new chain. So I don't plan on going back to stock and really want a colored chain (blue or black) but will the zvx2 chains handle 200+ up at the wheel and also does anybody have pics of the blue chain on a blue bike preferably an 07 vigor blue. I really don't want a gold or chrome chain

I wanted to go with a black or orange chain recently when I swapped sprockets and chain. I also was looking at the ZVX2 and came to the conclusion it was a bad idea for the Hayabusa. Three different sellers of the ZVX2 told me they would not recommend the chain for my application and I have a stock 2008.

I ended up going with the gold ZZZ and could not be happier as piece of mind in the chain is much better looking than a cracked casing.

I find the ZVX2 superior to them all, besides the DRZ2 if drag only..

It's a street bike with occasional trips to the strip but it will be 200+ hp to the tire on nitrous

Also what kind of prices can the sponsors give me on a 150 link chain with a clip and rivet style master link :bowdown:

Should be ok running the chain with your setup. The chain comes with a rivet style master link.

Give Justin at Honda Easy a call. He has a pretty good price on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using a ZVX2 for three years. I have done drag races and even five track days (befor turbo). Now I have 311 hp and still using a ZVX2 chain. Any quality chain will snap if it is not taken care of either by accident or neglect. I change the chain myself with a rivet tool at home. I use a chain alignment tool everytime I move the rear wheel. No problem at all so far.

200hp on giggle juice is not a problem for a ZVX2. Goldenchild has been building and racing bigtime HP busas for a long time for a career. Lots of experience from that man.:bowdown:

So who has a Price on a black zvx2 150 link chain with a clip style and rivet style link for me

Should be ok running the chain with your setup. The chain comes with a rivet style master link.

Give Justin at Honda Easy a call. He has a pretty good price on these.

Give Justin a call. He will do you right and should be pretty quick shipping wise since you are close.

Give Justin a call. He will do you right and should be pretty quick shipping wise since you are close.

I just figured I would give them a chance to give me prices don't matter who gets my money just wanna try and keep it to the forum sponsors

NO IT WILL NOT HOLD UP! I snap one of those, brand new, three passes on the drag strip! ( not at the master link) get a zzz

you ever dry hop your bike?
how tight do you run chain?
How much power you make?
Do you ever just throw the clutch away?
Do you run wheelie bars?

NO IT WILL NOT HOLD UP! I snap one of those, brand new, three passes on the drag strip! ( not at the master link) get a zzz

I have made at least 70 or 80 passes on the drag strip and 24 passes at the Texas mile and my chain is still perfect. Barely any stretch from it also so there is less need to adjust the slack out of it.

I also have hundreds of passes on my ZZZ. It was on the 80% of the 2006 race season and all of the 2007 season. I replaced it with a longer ZZZ when I put a longer arm on it for the 2008 season. I pulled the swingarm last year and put the ZZZ back on it last year. It was still in spec when I checked it a month or so ago.

I also have hundreds of passes on my ZZZ. It was on the 80% of the 2006 race season and all of the 2007 season. I replaced it with a longer ZZZ when I put a longer arm on it for the 2008 season. I pulled the swingarm last year and put the ZZZ back on it last year. It was still in spec when I checked it a month or so ago.

now why would you wanna take the stretch off? You know busa's look the best stretched and slammed at the track:laugh:

I bought a US made gold diamond chain for my stretch.Good quality chain for $167.EK is good RK is good.Most japanese chains are good.I decided to go US made since my vendor at work could make me a good deal and its US made.

profile.jpg

Back