how much is your reputation worth?

Sorry, but a lapse in character starts with $7 and only goes up. Amount is not as important as the principle. Your honor is the only thing you really have. Look how much things would be different in this world if people's sense of honor again existed....

Last edited:
Try to resolve it..if not just eat the $7 and rack up the karma point as someone else said. I've lost more than buy walking into a stealership.
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, I thought I was going to be able to sell mine........git some $$$$ for mod.'s !!!

hope it works out.

If this is not a joke, then why would you highlight somebody over said $7 and not just forget about it? I do not know you or the person you are directing it at, but the whole thread over $7 seems weird Al to me.

Would you risk your reputation for $7 ? I would"nt. If the member I"m talking about reads this he"ll know what I"m talking about. come on man $7 aint no big thing, if your having a problem just say so, I wont sweat it but dont just ignore me. If you cant send it I"ll just get a new one. I aint sweating the $$ its the principle of the thing.:poke:

Sorry, but a lapse in character starts with $7 and only goes up. Amount is not as important as the principle. Your honor is the only thing you really have. Look how much things would be different in this world if people's sense of honor again existed....

I agree 100% You cannot put a price on integrity, although many do.

If this is not a joke, then why would you highlight somebody over said $7 and not just forget about it? I do not know you or the person you are directing it at, but the whole thread over $7 seems weird Al to me.

Sound logic, but the problem isn't the $7.

It's the members integrity, if he will douche out on $7 (not saying he did, don't know the story) then what happens when you do business with him for $500 and the same thing happens?

If it's not just a miscommunication and its a raw deal, there's nothing stopping this guy from upping the stakes next time.

JMHO

Well put. Someone who won't honor such a small commitment is not someone with whom I would choose to associate.

We also need to keep in mind that we don't really know the story behind all this.

Last edited:
Since we're sharing our opinions, here's mine. All we really have is our sense of self, our feeling of 'who' we are. If we're comfortable with that, then we can withstand pretty much anything life throws at us. We create this sense ourselves. When we're young and malleable, we get a lot of help making it. But it's still ours, and our responsibility. As we get older, certainly old enough to frequent this board and others like it, we are pretty much who we're going to be. So I think none of us are going to change another's character, here, or anywhere else. We have all we can do at this stage to modify our own. To the argument the community needs to know who this is so they won't rip us off, too...Ok. If you sincerely believe that, state your piece, use the guy's name, and warn us all off. Keep in mind this will make a statement about you as well as the other guy. No matter how you choose to proceed, unless you want to nurture bitterness, let this go without much more thought. It's the best thing for YOU. As for advice, if you were my friend and we were discussing this over beers, I'd say: "If it were me, I'd forget about it, let this thread die, and not deal with that particular individual again." Good luck with it.

Alan

Since we're sharing our opinions, here's mine. All we really have is our sense of self, our feeling of 'who' we are. If we're comfortable with that, then we can withstand pretty much anything life throws at us. We create this sense ourselves. When we're young and malleable, we get a lot of help making it. But it's still ours, and our responsibility. As we get older, certainly old enough to frequent this board and others like it, we are pretty much who we're going to be. So I think none of us are going to change another's character, here, or anywhere else. We have all we can do at this stage to modify our own. To the argument the community needs to know who this is so they won't rip us off, too...Ok. If you sincerely believe that, state your piece, use the guy's name, and warn us all off. Keep in mind this will make a statement about you as well as the other guy. No matter how you choose to proceed, unless you want to nurture bitterness, let this go without much more thought. It's the best thing for YOU. As for advice, if you were my friend and we were discussing this over beers, I'd say: "If it were me, I'd forget about it, let this thread die, and not deal with that particular individual again." Good luck with it.

Alan

Thats some good advice... :bowdown:

Sound logic, but the problem isn't the $7.

It's the members integrity, if he will douche out on $7 (not saying he did, don't know the story) then what happens when you do business with him for $500 and the same thing happens?

If it's not just a miscommunication and its a raw deal, there's nothing stopping this guy from upping the stakes next time.

JMHO

:thumbsup::beerchug:

Well Said Bro , +1 :thumbsup:

Ok, here"s what went down. No i aint saying who it was. A member posted an item on pay it foward, after some pm"s I sent him the $7 for shipping. A few days later i got a pm saying he got $$ and gave some story about his kid hiding stuff???? So now after three weeks he wont talk to me. No $7 aint no thang, I drank that much beer reading you guys responses:rofl: But my integrity aint for sale at any price. You may hate me for who i am, but you will never love me for who I"m not. When its all said and done, a mans word is only thing he will ever truly own. No one can steal your integrity but you can loose it. NUFF SAID

Back