How much do I ask?

brianm767

Registered
Also posted at the other busa sight, but I thought some one here might reply ?

I have a 2002 busa, yes it has allot of touring miles, 19,500, Bike looks and runs like it just came off the showroom floor, the engine and all of the mechanical stuff is bone stock with the exception of a TRE, and yes as you can see I never took off the stickers or reflectors, I like to leave bikes stock. The rear tire is brand new,  the front is about 50% the bike needs a new chain, (stretch)  and I will either include one or adjust price to reflect this, I also might sale the extras seperate or include to compensate for the chain and milege?  and I allready have a member in line for the Corbin, mods for comfort are as follows
Heli bars.
ZG ST shield
Puig DB shield
Buel pegs
Mirror 1" spacers
Dual star heated pads under the grips.
Corbin rear with backrest. " blue trim doesnt match bike."
OEM suzuki carbon tank bra

mods for ?
carbon look levers, bar end wieghts and  mirrors, I have all the stock parts too.
05 OEM clear lens , front and rear.
Suzuki rear race stand

I know I'm going to take a hit for the miles, but I'm in central Cali and I might need to sale this bike withan the next few days. I have a line on another bike I want.  Oh and the tape on the rear cowl is to protect the paint with my bags on the bike, it comes off with no damaget to paint or stickers.
so what price to sale fast?
scmyattb1@comcast.net

IMGP6780.jpg

IMGP6782.jpg

IMGP1580.jpg

IMGP6808.jpg

Bike looks great. Tough call on what to ask, but you could probably make out pretty well parting out those extras here. Priced to sell fast? Between 65 and 7. KBB shows retail at about 7400, says milage on an '02 could be around 20,600. If you were willing to wait awhile, might get more...I recommend that you check out the classifieds here for sale bikes and sort of gauge your thought against thier posted prices. Also, pick up a cycle trader and see what the are going for in there. Bike looks clean, someone will be a happy new-to-them Busa owner.....
Hope this helps.

I just bought mine this July, the same bike color and all 12.000 miles.
Had all mant. records just one little scatch on the cowl.
"GREAT BIKE"
$5.200 dollors cash!

well 5200 for the same bike sounds like a great deal, I'm hoping to get around 6,000 . as is, no Corbin. 6500 would be perfect, with corbin rear seat and back rest. and all I have for it.
rock.gif
im going to look at a, and please hold your negitive comments , a Blackbird , yes I said it, I had one before and I think I want another one, it just seemed better suited for two up and long distance rides. I hope I'm not making a mistake. I had XX in 2001 but for only three months, I've had this busa for three years and 19,500 miles.
I know when your talking power they dont compare, but I want comfort for my wife. shes 5'9' and the xx also has more leg room.

You will prolly get the low end of what your asking for if you want to sell it quickly. 6500 seems like a fair price though.

Tell the wife to get her license and get her own, that's what I did and all she keeps sayin is "Why did I wait so long!" every time I ask her what she's takin she says "the bike" Granted it's a Harley but who am I to judge.

Man, that's my favorite year (paint scheme) and two tone color combo...
drooling3.gif
I wish I had the cash in hand to wheel and deal on this... I'd LOVE to have it as a second/project bike...

If it was 6 months ago, I'd say it should bring 7K farily easy. Going into winter......probably 6200-6500. range. Great color combo though. I was ready to spend 7000 on a 12,000 mile '02 same color back in march.
Bought the '05 instead.
Good luck!

The bike looks great...You should be able to get close to 7k for it...It's just a bad time to sell a bike with the riding season ending for most of us...I would sell all the aftermarket items and reinstall the stock items you have with the only exception being the lens'...Good luck...

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE MILES THAT IS NOT BAD.

The rest of the post are good advise including the parts exchange.

Back