How much can you lower your pegs w/ Gilles rearset

artnshel

Registered
I'm thinking of buying Gilles rearsets to lower my pegs. Does anyone know if they get lower than just using GSXR pegs?

Thanks,

Art

Most of the aftermarket rearset that you can buy
will raise your pegs not lower.
beerchug.gif

I know the single position ones will all raise the peg but the adjustable ones let you chose. I just want to know the range on the Gilles.

I got a set of Gilles rearsets. In their most conservative setting they are 25mm backspaced and 35mm raised.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "spelling like Johhny Cheese lately"|1078371610 -->

I know the single position ones will all raise the peg but the adjustable ones let you chose.  I just want to know the range on the Gilles.
I put the gixxer 1k pegs on mine and it lowered them whatever the thickness of rubber on the stock pegs is... 3/4" - 1"

I've done the GSXR pegs too but want more, long legs. According to grabntwist the Gilles won't do the job either so I'll keep looking. Thank for the info Grabntwist.

I'm not sure about the dimensions but the Gilles rearsets sure worked for me.  I'm 6'2" and needed that extra leg space for those long rides.  Went with the Gilles and what a dramatic difference.  Now if my pipe wasn't in the way I could lower it another 2 notches.

<!--EDIT|busarider54
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078435757 -->

sounds like a plan! I guess I need to go to a machine shop. Interesting concept!!!

Here is a link to the a pic of a zx-12r with lowered rear pegs.

zx-12r.org Offline

Our bikes present a different challange but I think he redrilled the frame which I would be unwilling to do. If you do fabricate longer peg hangers I'll go in for a set and I'm sure we could find other takers.

ok...let me mull ovah this one. My wife is a little tall, so when she rides, her knees can get cramped up a bit. I'll let ya guys know what I come up with.

Back