How much bike is too much bike?

Reaper56441

Registered
Well as you might have seen in my other topics, I'm just breaking into the world of sport bikes, I'm in high school, and the only past motorcycle experience I've had is with my uncles harleys, I plan on buying my first bike this spring, so far I've been looking most seriously at a SV650S or a Kawasaki Ninja 250, mainly leaning towards an '01 SV650S I found for about $2k about 25miles from my house. Do you think the SV650S will be too much bike for me to start out?

If you haven't done so, I recommend taking a motorcycle safety course. You usually ride 250's there, so it could give you soewhat of an idea of what the Ninja would be like. Any bike can be too much bike if you don't respect it. Be careful and stay safe.... (I'd probably go with the SV - after taking the course!)

Just my .02

If you haven't done so, I recommend taking a motorcycle safety course.  You usually ride 250's there, so it could give you soewhat of an idea of what the Ninja would  be like. Any bike can be too much bike if you don't respect it.  Be careful and stay safe.... (I'd probably go with the SV - after taking the course!)

Just my .02
+1....listen to the old guy.... wisdom comes with age. Take a MSC. Good luck.... don't be a show-off and ride within your means.

i think that would be a perfect bike ! you will have a blast with it , but be safe , take the course ,get your motorcycle endorcment !
biggrin.gif
the ninja 250 is too small fun bike but wont get out of its own way , and no resale value . the sv650 on the other hand i would think you could get 2 grand for when your done with it ?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Alright, hopefully the SV is still around in the spring. Since I don't wanna make a new topic, I'll ask this here, ok I know you need your driver's license first and foremost to get a motorcycle endorsement, but how does the rest of it go, I read the MN Department of transportation website but I still have some questions. Ok first I take the motorcycle safety course, then I'm allowed to take the written test to get my instructional motorcycle permit correct? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time with the permit before I can take the driving portion of the test, and get a full fledged endorsement. I probably got this jumbled up a bit, but I think I got most of the facts straight.

Alright, hopefully the SV is still around in the spring. Since I don't wanna make a new topic, I'll ask this here, ok I know you need your driver's license first and foremost to get a motorcycle endorsement, but how does the rest of it go, I read the MN Department of transportation website but I still have some questions. Ok first I take the motorcycle safety course, then I'm allowed to take the written test to get my instructional motorcycle permit correct? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time with the permit before I can take the driving portion of the test, and get a full fledged endorsement. I probably got this jumbled up a bit, but I think I got most of the facts straight.
In most states, if you are taking the MSF course, you'll take your written test during the course and take your driving test at the very end, so you essentially leave the course with the paperwork to go and get your liscence. You might want to check on that....you might leave the course good to go!

i had a 250 ninja... fun bikes for about 3 months.. then your going to want something more..

go with the SV you'll love it.

Back