How many of ya'll like to read?

Been a King fan for years.. read some Koontz too~
Just finished the last installment of King's Gunslinger series~ Got almost his whole collection in my library~ Don't have book two of the Gunslinger though~ Was a very good story too~ As King does in his movies (cameo appearances) he puts himself into the story here~ Even meets Roland (the Gunslinger) at his cabin in Maine (fictional address of coarse)~ He also ties in almost every book he wrote into this one story~ Kinda brings his whole collection together.. all the way back to Salem's Lot~ Definitly on my favorites list.. as if you couldn't tell~
wink.gif
Hey Joker, if you have either of the first edition Gunslinger books one or two, hard cover w/ DJ in excellent condition, and pictures...keep them and keep them well preserved. The first edition Gunslinger, printed in '82 as I described...is worth a minimum of $150 now...at least that's the cheapest I've found.
Die hard Stephen King fan here!! I just finished "Song of Susannah" in the Dark Tower series and halfway through with the final Dark Tower VII. It is funny that he puts himself in the books, and even a little sick he kills himself off!? Ya gotta wonder what that guy dreams about. (scary) I have all his books (including his books under Nom de pleur "Bachman" and the complete Dark Tower Series in hardback, original print. The Dark Tower series, IT, The Stand and INSOMNIA are some of my favorites. I can't read his books before I got to sleep or else I have nightmares...

I also like, Robert Ludlum the Bourne series, Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Terry McMillan, Toni Morrison, Eric Jerome Dickey, Michael Crichton, Dean Koontz. I even have read the big boys yawn series, WAR & REMEMBERANCE, WINDS OF WAR, Ann Rice (just a few of hers, she's bizarre) She wrote a whole series of very freaky sexual stories under another name called Sleeping Beauty I, II & III. They were very explicit in detail (wink, wink) I just happened to finish all 3. I have a huge library and love to read!!

Have a literary one....

LoLo

race.gif

Die hard Stephen King fan here!!  I just finished "Song of Susannah" in the Dark Tower series and halfway through with the final Dark Tower VII.  It is funny that he puts himself in the books, and even a little sick he kills himself off!?  Ya gotta wonder what that guy dreams about.  (scary) I have all his books (including his books under Nom de pleur "Bachman" and the complete Dark Tower Series in hardback, original print. The Dark Tower series, IT, The Stand and INSOMNIA are some of my favorites. I can't read his books before I got to sleep or else I have nightmares...
You must be a member of the SK Library...they send me a book every now and again, even though I thought SK retired?
rock.gif
smile.gif

I found an original hard bound copy of The Deadzone in a small used book store years ago...that's when I started collecting his books in hard bound...book case is full of 'em!

I agree, it's cool to see King link his books, even if it's the smallest mention of a person or street in another book...I just find his humor, or things I perceive as humorous, up my alley...scary to think, I think a lot like Stephen King!
laugh.gif

But, let's not talk about his books made in to movies! Ughhhh...ruins the book every single time...

Lo, I read his books when I'm alone and late at night because I LOVE the fright! Twisted, I know...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Die hard Stephen King fan here!! I just finished "Song of Susannah" in the Dark Tower series and halfway through with the final Dark Tower VII. It is funny that he puts himself in the books, and even a little sick he kills himself off!? Ya gotta wonder what that guy dreams about. (scary) I have all his books (including his books under Nom de pleur "Bachman" and the complete Dark Tower Series in hardback, original print. The Dark Tower series, IT, The Stand and INSOMNIA are some of my favorites. I can't read his books before I got to sleep or else I have nightmares...
You must be a member of the SK Library...they send me a book every now and again, even though I thought SK retired?
rock.gif
smile.gif

I found an original hard bound copy of The Deadzone in a small used book store years ago...that's when I started collecting his books in hard bound...book case is full of 'em!

I agree, it's cool to see King link his books, even if it's the smallest mention of a person or street in another book...I just find his humor, or things I perceive as humorous, up my alley...scary to think, I think a lot like Stephen King!
laugh.gif

But, let's not talk about his books made in to movies! Ughhhh...ruins the book every single time...

Lo, I read his books when I'm alone and late at night because I LOVE the fright! Twisted, I know...
laugh.gif
I knew you had to be the coolest chick on 2 wheels... A Stephen King fan too!! We have waaaay too much in common girlfriend!!

When I read Pet Sematary, I couldn't sleep without the light on. When I read The Shinning, I couldn't walk past the bathroom without turning the light on. But I just can't get enough. I'm not a member of his bookclub but I do own all his books.. I agree with you tho', as soon as they make it into a movie it just jacks it all up. You can't capture his edge/humor/creepy-ness /wit on film.

I'm your number one fan Shells.... (said in my best Misery voice)

Lo

laugh.gif

Die hard Stephen King fan here!!  I just finished "Song of Susannah" in the Dark Tower series and halfway through with the final Dark Tower VII.  It is funny that he puts himself in the books, and even a little sick he kills himself off!?  Ya gotta wonder what that guy dreams about.  (scary) I have all his books (including his books under Nom de pleur "Bachman" and the complete Dark Tower Series in hardback, original print. The Dark Tower series, IT, The Stand and INSOMNIA are some of my favorites. I can't read his books before I got to sleep or else I have nightmares...
rock.gif
smile.gif

laugh.gif

But, let's not talk about his books made in to movies!  Ughhhh...ruins the book every single time...

Lo, I read his books when I'm alone and late at night because I LOVE the fright!  Twisted, I know...
laugh.gif
I knew you had to be the coolest chick on 2 wheels...  A Stephen King fan too!!  We have waaaay too much in common girlfriend!!

When I read Pet Sematary, I couldn't sleep without the light on. When I read The Shinning, I couldn't walk past the bathroom without turning the light on.  But I just can't get enough.  I'm not a member of his bookclub but I do own all his books..  I agree with you tho', as soon as they make it into a movie it just jacks it all up.  You can't capture his edge/humor/creepy-ness /wit on film.

I'm your number one fan Shells.... (said in my best Misery voice)

Lo
It's kind of scary, 'eh?!  
laugh.gif

Don't go breaking my ankles!  
tounge.gif

Pet Sematary was my first SK book I think...it scared the crap out of me, then I saw the movie and I was completely bummed...I'll be honest, I haven't read an SK books in a while and I'm completely behind in the Dark Tower series...but, I've got 'em all, just waiting for my retirement!  Before kids - lots of late nights reading...after kids - what in the heck is a book and why are there so many pages?!  
smile.gif

Oh, and Lo...this is for YOU!  
bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Back