How many of ya'll like to read?

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I'm a HUGE reader. I mostly eat up mainstream fiction of the horror genre (of course Koontz is not truly classified Horror, but...)

Of those of you that love to read, who are your favorite authors and a couple of your favorite books...like ones that particularly stick in your memory or that you read more than once?

Couple of my fav authors:

Mainstream
Stephen King
Dean Koontz

A bit older: Agatha Christie (I love Hercule Poroit!) and E.A.P. (Edgar Allen Poe)

Literary
Charles Dickens
Chaim Potok

Misc
Ray Bradbury

Favorite books: I Am The Clay; The Promise; Black House; Bleak House; Bag of Bones; One Door Away From Heaven; Fahrenheit 451; Everyone Kill Constance; and The Mysterious Affair at Styles (or any other Poirot); also, any Poe short story...

the stand

watchers

deathworld trillogy
Yeah! The Stand...that was like a million page tomb when we were younger, remember? You probably read it in Highschool or shortly thereafter, I assume...and it just seemed like there was no end, didn't it?
laugh.gif
Great, great book, though. The movie was so fragmented, it just didn't do the book justice by a long shot. I'll have to look up the deathworld trilogy...sounds interesting.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121435657 -->

the stand

watchers

deathworld trillogy
Yeah! The Stand...that was like a million page tomb when we were younger, remember? You probably read it in Highschool or shortly thereafter, I assume...and it just seemed like there was no end, didn't it?
laugh.gif
Great, great book, though. The movie was so fragmented, it just didn't do the book justice by a long shot. I'll have to look up the deathworld trilogy...sounds interesting.
the deathworld trilogy is wild, woke my arse up to the universe.... and what 'could' be.
the young mind, what a terrible thing to waste!!!  
biggrin.gif

did you not like watchers?

I'm a HUGE reader. I mostly eat up mainstream fiction of the horror genre (of course Koontz is not truly classified Horror, but...)

Of those of you that love to read, who are your favorite authors and a couple of your favorite books...like ones that particularly stick in your memory or that you read more than once?

Couple of my fav authors:

Mainstream
Stephen King
Dean Koontz

A bit older: Agatha Christie (I love Hercule Poroit!) and E.A.P. (Edgar Allen Poe)

Literary
Charles Dickens
Chaim Potok

Misc
Ray Bradbury

Favorite books: I Am The Clay; The Promise; Black House; Bleak House; Bag of Bones; One Door Away From Heaven; Fahrenheit 451; Everyone Kill Constance; and The Mysterious Affair at Styles (or any other Poirot); also, any Poe short story...
I'm such a sinner.........I don't read much!!!!

anything by Dan Brown......Patterson.........wilbur smith.....dam, can't remember anymore right now. Too many #'s runnin thru my melon:blush:

the stand

watchers

deathworld trillogy
laugh.gif
the deathworld trilogy is wild, woke my arse up to the universe.... and what 'could' be.
the young mind, what a terrible thing to waste!!!  
biggrin.gif

did you not like watchers?
Yes. I did like Watchers, but it wasn't one of my favorites. It seemed a little too early Stephen King in plot; like Salem's Lot, Tommy Knockers, that kind of thing. Almost like that plot and conflict resolution had been done, you know what I mean? Like Whispers Versus Dream Catcher in plot...

I have so many books there even in my garage...
Patterson
king
koontz
bradury
jordan

All time fav though is to kill a mockingbird

Dan Brown has issues: "... see this V shape in the collar of the shirt the servent in the back ground is wearing when the wind blows it just right and the left side flops down? Well, you KNOW what that represents..." reeeeeeeally? um... ok...

I read The Code with open interest and was shocked to find out THIS is what upset so many religious people. IT'S FICTION PEOPLE! Oh my God. It read like a National Enquirere to me: "SOURCES SAY: BatBoy found living in deserted house on Hollywood BLVD...."

hmmmmm... and if BatBoy was hanging from the ceiling, his legs would form a "V" shape, which means he's made of wood and therefore .... HE'S A DUCK!!!

Good luck purging your demons from growing up Catholic, Dan. Seems people make loads of money working thru their issues publically these days [coughEMINEMcough]

sorry, what was the question?

No. I haven't. I gather your C.O. recommended it?

What is your review of it, Devil? Man, this is ANOTHER one on this thread I haven't read and need to find a copy of.

I need to get a paper and pen and start writing some of these down.
blush.gif

Dan Brown has issues:   "... see this V shape in the collar of the shirt the servent in the back ground is wearing when the wind blows it just right and the left side flops down?  Well, you KNOW what that represents..."    reeeeeeeally?  um... ok...

I read The Code with open interest and was shocked to find out THIS is what upset so many religious people.  IT'S FICTION PEOPLE!   Oh my God.  It read like a National Enquirere to me:   "SOURCES SAY:  BatBoy found living in deserted house on Hollywood BLVD...."  

hmmmmm... and if BatBoy was hanging from the ceiling, his legs would form a "V" shape, which means he's made of wood and therefore ....   HE'S A DUCK!!!

Good luck purging your demons from growing up Catholic, Dan.  Seems people make loads of money working thru their issues publically these days  [coughEMINEMcough]

sorry, what was the question?
laugh.gif

What is your review of it, Devil? Man, this is ANOTHER one on this thread I haven't read and need to find a copy of.

blush.gif
MSG to Garcia is on the Professional Reading List......Its a very short book, You can almost read it sitting on your Busa at a red light. 20 minutes to read.....maybe 30. I got a copy..I'll send it to you if you promise to send it back.

blush.gif
Jason,
I am disgusted. YOU WILL READ "A message to Garcia"!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

BTW -
Anything by Orson Scott Card (particularly the Ender series)
W.E.B Griffin (the Corps series)
Tom Clancy
and anything Marine Corps history.

Errrrr.
Shawn

tounge.gif

Back