how many km after the low-gas light appears?

scooterlord

Registered
it's been probably asked before, but am really tired at the moment and hope I still get an answer
smile.gif
I was running really low today and was afraid i would run out of gas. it is probably written in the bike's manual, but i am still downloading it (for a week or so :p) so i'd be glad if someone also helped me here.

how many km do we have left in average after the running-low-in-gas-light turns on? and...hmm..how many km left using what spectrum of rpms?

oh, how many rpms am is the hayabusa's idle? mine is set to 1100. is this too high? :/

1050 rpm is what is supposed to be factory.

depending on gas mileage (40mpg) should last around 30 mi or so.

the lights comes on when you have 0.9 gal left. So you figure it out. Also your mpg readout isn't 100% accurate so be forwarned.

I (accidently, I wasen't watching the gauge) got 200 miles out of a tank of gas once. the needle was bouncing off of the E pin!
wow.gif

1100 is good. I don't know about the fuel after the light, afraid to find out. :blush:

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075353579 -->

I know for a fact I've ridden 25 mi after the light came on(40mpg) and I made it to the next station fine. Afraid to go any farther than that.

On the stock setup I would get 40mpg just cruising at highway speeds of 70-80 and average 200 miles before the fuel light came on. So I figured I'ld get about 25-30 on the reserve

Wasn't this an episode of Seinfeld?
"Kramer and the salesman riding with him become fascinated with riding the car near empty and push things to the limit."
laugh.gif

Stay safe and calculate 20 miles when the light goes on. You can get mre but is it worth it? i rarely go below a 1/2 of tank. run low on a turbo and wham not prety.

If I ride "reasonable", I'm good for over 300 km on a tank and I from quick calculations, there should be about 25 to 30 km left after the light comes on.

I would love to get 300km per tank. Usually 200-220 range. I know that sucks, I like to twist that throttle way too much!

All depends on how you're riding. I have gotten as high as 50 mph and as low as 25, depending on how much I'm gassing on it. However, I have gone 40 miles after the light came on, but that was really taking it easy. I couldn't afford to run out of gas cause was as it turned out 40 miles from the nearest gas. Just lucky that time I guess.

I just ran mine til the light came on and immediately filled up. Could only get 4.3 gallons in. If tank holds 5.5, thats 1.2 gallons left? I filled until the fuel hit the fill lips down in the tank. Anybody else tried this?

Back