How many hikers here?

i saw this earlier this week... people are so stupid when it comes to wild animals.... not just bears, but bison, deer elk and countless others... sad thing is, if the bear had taken out one or two of these geniuses, theyd be looking to destroy the bear as its would be classed as a dangerous animal, there was another video of a black bear climbing up a guys tree stand, but that one turned around and left

I dont think I look like a hiker at all, which is odd as every female I talk to tells me to take a hike.

Ps- The bear should have eaten them.

I dont think I look like a hiker at all, which is odd as every female I talk to tells me to take a hike.

Ps- The bear should have eaten them.
i get that response sometimes too... "hey you wanna go out?" "take a hike".... i alwys figured that that it was a suggestion for a date activity and that they just forget to get back to me...

yes, i realize this is probably digitally altered but it still makes me laugh! those hikers were idiots, that is the ideal situation for why we can buy binoculars!!

419080_2758933897334_1377380070_32048071_1626491323_n.jpg

The link didn't work but I can only imagine! I've only been bluff charged here twice, both by young 'uns in their first year with out momma. BOTH times I was was on a road walking to the range and BOTH times I really don't think I ran but was certainly far from the spot when I first saw the bear. That area is a popular bear area and I am still amazed that something that big and smelly can 1) move that fast and 2) stay hidden until it don't wanna be hid no mo'........... No injuries or fatalities have occurred in the 20 plus years that place has been a range and all the reports are always the same, young bear trying to find his/her way in the world...........

Rio

The link didn't work but I can only imagine! I've only been bluff charged here twice, both by young 'uns in their first year with out momma. BOTH times I was was on a road walking to the range and BOTH times I really don't think I ran but was certainly far from the spot when I first saw the bear. That area is a popular bear area and I am still amazed that something that big and smelly can 1) move that fast and 2) stay hidden until it don't wanna be hid no mo'........... No injuries or fatalities have occurred in the 20 plus years that place has been a range and all the reports are always the same, young bear trying to find his/her way in the world...........

Rio

I'm also amazed by how fast a large animal like a bear can move. I was out on a river kayaking/fishing trip and was in a slow moving part of a river. The river was probably 60 feet wide and about 20 feet behind me I heard a snap and a splash. I turn around and a brown bear was in the middle of river running across from one bank to the other. It was a shallow spot in the river so no swimming required for the bear but it took less than 2 seconds for him to cover that 60' distance and by the time I heard him I would have been dead if he wanted anything to do with me. After he made it up the bank on the other side he was instantly gone and I couldn't hear or see him which scared the crap out of me. :laugh:

Alaska is awesome! :thumbsup:

Back