How lean is it?

nosbig

Registered
I have a 2012 with BMC race filter and Yoshimura full R77 4-2-1 exhaust with custom dyno tune. Bike runs great but my fuel milage sucks. So just for kicks I ran in B mode to and from work today, little over 200 miles. I gained about 13 mpg. Given it was not as much fun:laugh:

So, my question is. How lean am I running in B mode given it is still a factory map. I know the air filter and exhaust will change my A/F, but is it causing me to run to lean? I would love to get the extra milage while commuting but not at the cost of my motor.

was the bike tuned with those mods, and tuned with what? I'm guessing a pc3 or 5? To gain 13mpg your main map is just retarded fat.

Most bolt on mods like what you have wont crush mileage like that. They stay about the same.

Last edited:
was the bike tuned with those mods, and tuned with what? I'm guessing a pc3 or 5? To gain 13mpg your main map is just retarded fat.

Most bolt on mods like what you have wont crush mileage like that. They stay about the same.

It was tuned with exhaust not air filter. He used ECU editor.

Air filter isn't gonna do that much as far as affecting tune. I really just think your tune sucks if it's been like that since the dyno. Perhaps take it to another dyno and don't just get wot pulls, see where your afrs fall under cruising provided it's a loaded dyno. Or you could buy a wideband and check them yourself.

Thanks. I have been wanting to get another tune. As you know better than most finding a good shop isn't that easy and I would rather not go with a power commander or the likes when the factory ECU is capable of doing the job. That makes it even harder.

Back