Pc3r? is it better lean or rich

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
02 BUSA HAVE PC3R WITH TWO BROTHERS SLIP ONS AND SMALL BOX MOD. MY QUESTION IS BETTER TO RUN RICH OR LEAN ON THIS BIKE. I CAN NOT FIND A MAP THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MY SLIP ONS AND HAVE TRIED OTHERS BUT THEY SEEM TO BE NOT JUST RIGHT. STARTED LEANING THE PC3R AND THE BIKE APPEARED TO RESPOND MORE.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CORRECT IT, AND IF YOU HAVE A PC3R INSTALLED WHAT ARE YOUR SETTING FOR THE THREE RANGES.

THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Leaner makes more power right up to the point that the engine blows up. It's pretty hard to get it that lean, but not impossible. A little rich is not gonna hurt anything but the bike will not be in a top state of tune until the right balance is achieved thoroughout the rev range. For this, a dyno and a sniffer are the best way to get it really dialed in.
Good luck.
Gar

THANKS GAR,

STILL CURIOUS AS TO WHETHER THE BUSA RUNS BETTER LEAN OR RICH. DO YOU KNOW???

All engines run best with the proper air/fuel mixture happening across the entire rev range. Proper being the perfect balance, not too rich or too lean. A good base map on the PC-II, then off to the dyno with a sniffer is the only way to really know for sure where you're at.
Sorry I can't be of anymore help.
Gar

Back