How Is Busa Suited For Indian Conditions?

Mahbub

Registered
So I am from India, lemme tell a little something about here, roads arent that good, lots of potholes and also lot of traffic congestion and corners and turns too etc etc, so how does a Hayabusa handle in these conditions.. i wanna get busa for everyday commuting, is it a good bike to ride through these conditions? also is it safe to take a busa through these type of roads and conditions?

Last edited:
Try a 350 Enfield , plenty of them there - did see a few years ago a Z1300 (6 cylinder) in Mumbai once- not the ideal!, M1 Abrams would be good for the congestion!

Try a 350 Enfield , plenty of them there - did see a few years ago a Z1300 (6 cylinder) in Mumbai once- not the ideal!, M1 Abrams would be good for the congestion!
but i love the busa only.. should i drop the idea?

You better than most know the condition of Indian roads- potholes,bends etc. AND the quality of driving from the other road users ( Cows not included!), the ultimate decision is going to be yours- I use mine on UK roads, which generally are better- but the Busa's original design parameters were to go fast in a straight line- it also handles reasonably well for a heavyish bike - but if you want to go fast on the twistys in uk a 600 or other horrible high revving thing is quicker.

If you would have given us all the information to begin with when you started your first thread on what you wanted,I am sure you would have had a better answer to begin with. I think if i recall right we had a member on here years ago from India. Or somewhere close . You will not find the busa to be much fun in traffic like you are chatting about and most assuredly not in city pot hole hell. Not to mention you are a little small in stature. You will find it to be very cumbersome, very hot, and you will not want to be riding soon. At 5'4" you will be leaning forward hard on the wrists and core, you will not touch the ground safely without mods, and busas have a tendency too cook ball sacks. In town only in traffic all of the above will build up to pain and suffering every day.

And not to be a jerk but, no matter how many times you ask the same question worded differently you will get the same answers. Honestly, in order for you to ride the busa comfortably and safely you will need to mod it.

I hate the hayabusa in town ,gets hot heavy and a pain on wrists back etc.But it takes me 5 minutes to get it out of town and into fast flowing countryside then I love the hayabusa, more power then you need,loads of torque and it goes around bends too. I would Not buy
one for every day town commuting, for me its a weekend toy in the countryside ,look elsewhere for a commuting bike like a pcx 125etc .You need to work out what you want it for my suggestion to you is get the hayabusa for a weekend toy because you obviously want one

I ride in farmland areas. Depending on your budget I recommend and Elka suspension upgrade front and rear. I go over pothole and tractor craters no problem . In fact I tune my suspension on them. Fork seal replacement is a must if the bike is used.

so i guess i hav to drop the idea to get my fav busa :-( it dosent look too big in review videos though.. feeling bummed.. i loved it too much :-(

Last edited:
830.58mm is seat height of kawasaki ninja 636 and busa is only 805 ... nw i feel comfortable.. busa riding maybe hard but cant be so hard.

I am from New Delhi and have been riding a busa here for about 7 years. Busa is a strict no no for daily commute if it involves a lot of traffic - as is common in Indian cities. Its heavy in traffic and it takes effort to navigate it through the cars. You will have wrist pains, thigh burns and a sore body at the end of your commute. But once out on the highway, its the king. I prefer my Harley 883R for city commute and the busa for weekend runs on the expressways around delhi.

damn good time this poop,,, i am getting a busa.. i say 5'5 who are almost flatfooting and busa is even lower than kawasaki ninja 636.. so not a big deal.. m getting a busa
Get what you want ultimately, if you won't be happy with anything else. At 5'5" though, you're EXTREMELY unlikely to be flat footing it. Expect to drop it in the rear at least. At 5'8 I had to drop it 2" to be nearly flat footed. Be safe.

Get what you want ultimately, if you won't be happy with anything else. At 5'5" though, you're EXTREMELY unlikely to be flat footing it. Expect to drop it in the rear at least. At 5'8 I had to drop it 2" to be nearly flat footed. Be safe.
fortunately my inseam is quite long at 29.8 if i shave off 1 inch off the seat i can almost flatfoot. for easiness.. i put my inseam as 29 on bike ergo site and shaved off 1 inch from seat,,, result is this
06wi0045GWS5JUyUyUsUyUy1n4.png

Wait till it over heats in stop and go "Hot Traffic" , do yourself a favor and get a small bike for the daily runs and if you really want a Busa get one for the weekends and lower it . Im 5'7 and have mine down a inch and have a New Image seat that set's about a 1/2 inch more , with this I flat foot just fine

Wait till it over heats in stop and go "Hot Traffic" , do yourself a favor and get a small bike for the daily runs and if you really want a Busa get one for the weekends and lower it . Im 5'7 and have mine down a inch and have a New Image seat that set's about a 1/2 inch more , with this I flat foot just fine
well traffic is bad but not as bad as u think :p

Back