How Important Is Your Bike To You?

All I was trying to say Is I'm not setting myself up for failure, my head is screwed on perfectly straight. I wanted to do a loan because I have not financed anything in 6 years and need some credit. I have no problems with opinions. Just don't think people got my point.

People were making assumptions about my finances or my state of mind. The reason for finding another way to pay for it was my wife doesnt like motorcycles. The reason for the loan was to just take out a small loan to try and establish some credit I have paid cash for everything for the past 6 years so I needed to build some current credit history.

My bike is VERY important to me. It's therapy for everything that life throws at me when I least expect it. It's my getaway from everyday mundane things that drive me crazy... And yes I would work another job (if I was able) to afford one if I had to. Luckily I've been very blessed and have always been good with money so my bikes are mine and it's a great feeling. I had a bike before I owned a car (74 Honda CB 200) and I've always had a bike...that is up until I was dx with CML- Chronic Myelogenious Luekemia. I couldn't ride for over 2 years and it was the first time I ever went without a bike. Due to this unforesceen stituation...I lost my job, insurance etc... and my bike (a 2000 Hayabusa). Selling it was what helped keep my family afloat financially till other arrangments were made... I absolutely hated having to sell my bike and not ride anymore but I knew I couldnt ride it and we needed the money. You do what you have to do....I thought I'd never have another one but over 2 years later and a lot of saving here and there... I was able to buy another and even do all the modifications I never got to do with my first one. Durning that time I didn't have a bike I was not the same and anyone who knew me could see it. Even still I had sold most of my gear, stands and pretty much anything else I had for the bike accepting that I was done and wouldn't ride again. It was my dad that really pushed me to get another one. I'm so glad he did too... I'm completely whole once again and it feels awesome! So again, yes... I'd work another job if I had too just to have this passion in my life...

Sounds like you are getting your feelings hurt for no reason. You stated you working a 2nd job just to pay for your bike. You asked for opinions. You got them.

Honestly, for ME it's not that important anymore...

I do enjoy it but after having kids, I would sell it in a heartbeat if I had to for some REAL reason. But for now, it's been paid for for many years and finances are straight so I enjoy it when I have time. I'm at the point now where I don't have the TIME to enjoy it and would rather be with the family when I do get time.

The other side of the coin is I don't understand people that neglect other areas of there life for a toy. If you are barely getting by or don't have a house/garage for it, what's the point? Get your life in order and the toys will come.. :beerchug:

Back