How far off is your speedo?

High-Gain Busa

Registered
At 90Mph. on the speedo, Mr Garmin says I'm at 83. At that rate, I'm 15Mph or better off at 185. So if the bike cuts out at 185Mph, it's really cutting out at 170Mph. What gives? How much of this is on purpose? At this high of error, if I went back to the dealer I could request this be repaired under warranty.

In the auto industry, we took care of all speedo errors as long as the OEM sized tires were on.

I wasn't looking at the speedo the day Garmin registered a max of 138 but today I pulled it to 150 on the speedo and the 138 was still the max on Garmin so I know at 150 it's at least 12MPh off.

Speedo healer or yellow box should fix this! have 1 on the 02 1k.....nice an accurate now

At 90Mph. on the speedo, Mr Garmin says i'm at 83. At that rate, i'm 15Mph or better off at 185. So if the bike cuts out at 185Mph, it's really cutting out at 170Mph. What gives? How much of this is on purpose? At this high of error, If I went back to the dealer I could request this be repaired under warranty.
ALL the Busa's are off about 7%, so your bike is normal
winkold.gif

High Gain: So you are looking into cracking the stock ECU? Interested in what you find out etc.!

Not cracking, reprogramming... I understand what you're saying though. GM vehicles have different tire options so there are different divide ratios possible. I don't think the stock Busa has but one tire diameter but Yosi sure the hell has the capability for racing so it must be there also. I'm trying to get the OEM diagnostic software.

Government law dictates that if you sell a motor vehicle in the US, all of the tools and equipment must be made available to anyone. Now the Dealers are required to purchase this to remain a dealer. Made available can be at a difficult cost to keep them out of the hands of most but I am going to try and trade some favors.

Understand High Gain! I have used Lt-1 edit and Ls1 edit. I have also had othere experiences with other efi programs etc. I like the idea of using the factory ecm for tuning, instead of the piggy back set-up. I hada powercommander on the 02 1k. Then it died. Then I added a dobeck tfi to it and tuned it with a wide band Lm-1 setup. It is close, but have rather used the stock ecu for making my changes etc. I am not sure if the 08 ecu would allow for the correction factor for fixing the speedo. Could be wrong. I know what you mean by the GM feature....which has been very useful with the conversions I have done. Look below at my website. That was the latest one I have completed. Good luck with your findings, as I have mentioned....very interested in keeping my closed loop system!

At 90Mph. on the speedo, Mr Garmin says I'm at 83. At that rate, I'm 15Mph or better off at 185. So if the bike cuts out at 185Mph, it's really cutting out at 170Mph. What gives? How much of this is on purpose? At this high of error, if I went back to the dealer I could request this be repaired under warranty.

In the auto industry, we took care of all speedo errors as long as the OEM sized tires were on.

I wasn't looking at the speedo the day Garmin registered a max of 138 but today I pulled it to 150 on the speedo and the 138 was still the max on Garmin so I know at 150 it's at least 12MPh off.
Just a little personal insite, the bike cuts out or hits the limiter at an indicated 200 or so! It hits the speedo stop and the rpm's keep climbing, just guessed that the speedo would have been reading 200 or maybe a little over!
sadnews.gif

The limiter is not a speed limiter so much as a lowered rev limiter in 6th. That's why making it think it's in 5th disables the limiter.

Down two teeth on the rear and it will be right on.  I did that on mine and when the GPS says 70 it's 70 on the speedo.

Back