• Electric Razor

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Disposable Razor

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Don't Shave.

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My girlfriend got me a really nice electric razor for Christmas.

It doesn't work worth a damn. I can shave quicker, and get a smoother, more complete shave with a blade.

Last edited:
My girlfriend got me a really nice electric razor for Christmas.

It doesn't work worth a damn. I can shave quicker get a smoother, more complete shave with a blade.

Let me guess.

Close the door, turn on electric razor, set on counter, pull out the shaving cream, shave with razor then open the door and say "ahhh" I love that razor honey!

r8

Tried 'em all. Had fancy electrics to 3/4/5 disposable blades (and wasted my time and money in doing so) and since I've discovered straight razors thats all I will ever use.

It is the 'best' shave you will ever have. I used to just abhor shaving but since I've started using straights it's a weekly routine I look forward to. Just like any art it takes time to master but guys, once you do you'll know what I'm saying!

Own several and always on the lookout for more... one can never have enough straights!

;-)

Tried 'em all. Had fancy electrics to 3/4/5 disposable blades (and wasted my time and money in doing so) and since I've discovered straight razors thats all I will ever use.

It is the 'best' shave you will ever have. I used to just abhor shaving but since I've started using straights it's a weekly routine I look forward to. Just like any art it takes time to master but guys, once you do you'll know what I'm saying!

Own several and always on the lookout for more... one can never have enough straights!

;-)

They scare me to death! Do you collect them? If so I'll keep an eye out for some "fancy" ones.

r8

They scare me to death! Do you collect them? If so I'll keep an eye out for some "fancy" ones.

r8

Some of those 'horror stories' had scared too, one reason I put off trying for a long time.

But let me tell you, I've cut and nicked myself countless times with 'so called' safety razors and in all the years I've been using a straight I 'nicked' myself once... and that was due because I got lazy and tried to get 'one more shave' out of a dull one.

Be mighty nice of you to do that for me but it's usually the early 1900 plain janes that make the best shavers... Mastro Livi's etc. not included! ;-)

Let me guess.

Close the door, turn on electric razor, set on counter, pull out the shaving cream, shave with razor then open the door and say "ahhh" I love that razor honey!

r8

Nah, she figured it out when I came out of the bathroom with some shaving cream on my ear :laugh:

good news + edge, I've got one of those Brillo-Pad beards where I have to wait two or three days between shaves no matter what I use :mad2:

Same here...now is this considered a disposable?

I called it blade, even though you throw away the blades after a while. Disposable to me is the little cheap plastic razors that get tossed after a shave or two. I guess some might consider a straight razor the only true blade, because everything else gets thrown away.

Back