How Do You Purchase Your Vehicle?

Nena Serrato

Registered
Hi, guys. I've been browsing a good motorcycle and a car for my husband and daughter lately. These are all for their personal use. But, we aren't sure yet of what to pick and buy. Do you have any tips on how to purchase a good one and of course the one with a very good price? I might pay the motorcycle in cash and other by an installment plan. Whichever will be the best route for me. What do you suggest?

oh my ... you've got one big project ahead of you especially if you are not very familiar with motorcycles. How familiar are you? What research have you done? There are a lot of good brands - but it really depends on what your husband and daughter would want.

BTW, depending on your budget and your credit score - you might consider paying for both on a payment plan with the motorcycle dealer. It will be better for you tax wish and funding-wise.

If you are looking brand new cars, I work for Subaru where we build the Impreza, Legacy, & Outback and can get you invoice pricing on a new model. Me personally will never again buy a used motorcycle. For one a lot of people sell them because they have beaten the living crap out of them and something was wrong with it. Seen it happen numerous times! And most people try and sell their bike like it's made out of solid gold. Most gen 1 busas around central indiana are priced at 5500-7500 and I'm sorry if this offends anyone trying to sell their bike at that price, but they are retarded. I bought a left over 2013 LE with 2 Bros exhaust from the dealer with 0 miles for 9800. KBB puts my bike, used trade in, at 6300 today which is what most people should be asking, trade value.

After buying an older bike, I very much agree with Derrick that new/leftover bikes are a very good deal considering quality vs. cost. I am considering a Hayabusa and I have also learned that $10,000 for a new/leftover bike is a magical price point. Think about this: It is much better than paying $14,500 MSRP or to buying a ten year old bike off Craigslist at only slightly less at $8,000.

Nena, I don't know your husband or daughter's experience with motorcycles, so they would just have to check these out. However, from my personal experience I can make one specific suggestion for another sport tourer: Look on Cycletrader.com. Filter for Honda VFR800 (Intercepter), NEW, and maximum price at $8,000. These will be 2014 or 2015 model years. These originally had an MSRP of $12,500 but you will find them priced from $6400 to $8,000, a STEAL. This is a very high quality bike with a very cool V4 engine. And these are unique bikes. There is nowhere near the volume of these as there are CBRs. Yes VFR owners are nutty. I am biased and can rave all day about them. The one negative of this model is that it is complex and compact, and servicing is very labor intensive. The thermostat is a small nightmare. But, with a new bike there need not be any issue with repair costs for a long time, I simply believe in full disclosure as I detest surprises myself. :)

Back