How do I remove the rear seat lock?

crankinaway

Registered
Bike is going in for paint so I am stripping it down. How do I remove the lock tumbler for the rear seat? I pulled the spring clip but can't figure out what to do after that to remove the arm on back.

Anyone?

So no one has stripped their own bike for paint and figured out how to remove the lock tumbler from the rear fairing? I checked the service manual and it shows only what I have already figured out.

So no one has stripped their own bike for paint and figured out how to remove the lock tumbler from the rear fairing? I checked the service manual and it shows only what I have already figured out.

Manuals are great, they show you everything except what you need to know:laugh: Do you have a Gen 1 or 2?

pull the clip and remove the cable tension. should come out with a little manuvering

Gen II

I did pull the spring clip but can't seem to fanagle it out because of the arm that the cable pulls on to unlock.

remove the cable from the latch arm. Pull the arm back and it should give you enough slack to remove the cable.

Be careful putting that all back together. It's common to "lock yourself out". Plenty of threads to search too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back