Reactions: Zee
From a stock bike?

Full exhaust will shed a few pounds.
Turbo would shed even more.
Carbon Fiber accessories.
Carbon Fiber Fairings.
Aluminum rear subframe.
Some aftermarket wheels are lighter.
Ride around with only 2 gallons in the tank.
Replace all the bolts with titanium ones.

If safety is no issue:
No mirrors
One rotor up front.

Lightening up the Busa significantly isn't cheap.

Shoulda got a GSXR-1000.

go on a diet?
rock.gif
maybe

get a full exhaust system. That will shave off a few extra pounds. If you got some bucks aftermarket wheels would probably save the most weight. Taking off the mudflap and removing the reflectors save a few ounces too. Not to mention the warning stickers, those weigh the most. ok maybe the stickers dont add weight but it sure does make the bike look better.

You can drop about 60 Lbs for about 4 thousand clams...if you really want details, drop me a pm...otherwise just ride it and enjoy.
cool.gif

Kirk (Magic Man) is the guy to talk to about that?

He is the only man alive that entered a busa into the novis group and after one race, he was so blazing fast they black balled him from the beginners group and threw him in with the real professionals where he got his ass spanked so bad he quickly gave up his busa for an R1. According to Kirk, I think he said he shaved something like 80 pounds off his busa? I think maybe he was using scales purchased at Wal Mart but he claimed he had a huge weight loss. Talk to Kirk, he'll help you out.

thanks guys. my bikes not completely stock, full exhaust, lowered, undertail, barnett clutch, programmer. im wanting to put a dry nitrous kit on. was thinking there might be somthing i didnt know about that would shave off a couple pounds.
thanks again.

thanks guys. my bikes not completely stock, full exhaust, lowered, undertail, barnett clutch, programmer. im wanting to put a dry nitrous kit on. was thinking there might be somthing i didnt know about that would shave off a couple pounds.
thanks again.
Don't eat breakfast...

Seriously, the Bus is the wrong bike to be worrying about shaving 10-12 pounds. If you want real weight loss it gets REALLy expensive. Some would argue more than the bike is worth.

For simple and quick pick my up though.

Full Ti Aftermarket exhaust, Lightweight alloy/carbon wheels, and a change of gearing would probably be the biggest Bang for the Buck... From a handling point of view.

But if you are 15-20 lbs or more overweight? Dropping those pounds are free and will make a big difference as well.

As John Force said one time: "When my Crew Chief told me it took a $100,000 to add a few HP to compensate for my WEIGHT
wow.gif
, I knew which was cheaper to do" !!! Losing weight off your body and going to an full single exhaust system is the best and cheapest way
tounge.gif

Yeah, the quickest way to lighten my Busa would be to lose about 50 pounds off my butt. Guess I'll keep it like it is.
laugh.gif

Dan

1. Focus on reducing unsprung weight with carbon wheels and the non-oversize tires.
2. Focus on moving existing weight around (lower down) if possible
3. Non-metal gas tank (are there any carbon alternatives?)
4. Light-Weight single exit exhaust
5. Pair-Valve mod

Ping Greg (GPW) ... he is one of several riders on here that have experience shaving weight off of the Busa.

Some simple things that you can do to lose a few pounds without dropping huge coin:

Replace stock footpegs and weights with billet pegs.
Replace bar ends with billet
Replace 2-piece upper triple with a 1-piece billet.
If you are dragging, axe the mirrors and lower belly pan when at the track or just get a bar end clip on mirror to satisfy the LEO's for back and forth to the track.
If you have a full exhaust, axe the PAIR.
Take the tool kit and everything else out of the trunk

However...as others mentioned, the EASIEST AND CHEAPEST way to shed weight off the bike is to shed weight off of you. Seriously.

<!--EDIT|Jynx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152850797 -->

Some simple things that you can do to lose a few pounds without dropping huge coin:

Replace stock footpegs and weights with billet pegs.
Replace bar ends with billet
Replace 2-piece upper triple with a 1-piece billet.
If you are dragging, axe the mirrors and lower belly pan when at the track or just get a bar end clip on mirror to satisfy the LEO's for back and forth to the track.
If you have a full exhaust, axe the PAIR.
Take the tool kit and everything else out of the trunk

However...as others mentioned, the EASIEST AND CHEAPEST way to shed weight off the bike is to shed weight off of you.  Seriously.
+1 fastest and cheapest way to loose weigh tho...
rock.gif

ok a few cheap Ideas for ya...

CF Inners
CF bars
CF fender
Alum subframe
Alum or CF wheels
Alum or Tita Single exhaust - also you can cut your can down by about 7"...but I can't bring myself to do it.
New Rear sets - or dump the weights off the OEM
New Undertail & completely remove all plastic tray except the minimal you need
Tita rotor bolts
Tita Axles
New Rotors front & rear
Remove PAIR valve
Small Airbox mod - every bit helps - also remove un-needed hoses and metal valve on the bottom side.
Remove Belly Wing
Replace Heavy OEM Cush Drive with aftermarket
Alum Sprockets
Alum fairing bolts
Remove OEM bar-ends replace with Alum or CF
CF gas tank and fairings if you have the extra cash
CF chain guard
Lighter tires than the old technology / heavy OEM tires
CF windscreen
Gut Hump plastic
Replace OEM clutch/ brake master cylinders
Trim any extra non-exposed plastic
Remove OEM axel/ chain adjusters and replaces with Alum
Replace OEM brake & clutch lever with shorty Pazzo's
Replace OEM fan with Alum Muzzy fan
Replace OEM hoses with Aftermarket quality/ lighter hoses
Replace OEM glass bulbs with LED's
CF tag holder...trim outer edge of license just a little
Replace OEM chain with lighter stronger chain
Replace OEM L/R engine cover bolts with Alum
Replace OEM plastic shroud under radiator with CF unit
Replace OEM dog-bones with Light weight Billet bones
Remove Passenger mounts / footpegs when riding solo
Replace OEM plastic Ramair tubes with CF or FG tubes
Remove OEM tool kit
Remove OEM reflectors and brackets
Replace OEM L/R engine covers with Alum covers
Replace some of the non-critical OEM steel washers with Alum washers
Replace OEM gas cap with Alum cap (also alum bolts)

When you add a power commander, HID, sliders, fairing screens, stem-stand, radar detector, etc...yup....time to remove that extra added weight by gutting a few more things.

If you do the Hump: Grab-bar mod, drill 1/2" holes on the underside of the bar...but don't do too much.

Are We Having Fun Yet....Anyhow, that should get you started...but with a good game plan and spending your $$$$ wisely, you will get a much better performing street bike.

<!--EDIT|Valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152874363 -->

• Wow
Reactions: Zee
Back