Hot do you remove light scratches ?

PJ267

Registered
Have some light scratches (swirls)on my gas tank that I wanted to remove, only can seen it in the sun. I have tried waxing and they are still there. Can I remove them at home or do I need to get a buffer or get it done professionaly? Thanks

Try using a clay-bar, and then polish and wax it. If that doesn't work, you can try a nice (safe) buffer, I like the step 1,2,3 systems from Meguiars and Mothers, and I have a Porter & Cable buffer that Meguiars puts their name/warranty on. If you are in the CT area, stop by and i'll help you out.
thumb_up.gif

Try using a clay-bar, and then polish and wax it.  If that doesn't work, you can try a nice (safe) buffer, I like the step 1,2,3 systems from Meguiars and Mothers, and I have a Porter & Cable buffer that Meguiars puts their name/warranty on.  If you are in the CT area, stop by and i'll help you out.  
thumb_up.gif
Great products right there.

thumb_up.gif

r8

thumb_up.gif

I have some meguiers "scratch out". It is like wax and works well on dark blue.

I just used that meguires clay bar system for the 1st time on some light scratches on my tank. It came out like a showroom finish, I was amazed, so I did my truck too. It leaves the finish as smooth as buddah.

Dumd question....what's the difference between polish, and wax ? Is one for shine, and the other for protection ? Do you use both, at the same time ?

Back