Hot Bodies Undertail (or others?) - NEW 08!

Scottrod

Registered
Just traded my 2002 in for my new Blue/Gold 2008 leftover. LOVE it...well...except for the rocket boosters (exhaust) and the trucker mud flap. All it needs is a CB radio and i'm set.

ANYWAY...enough b*tching. I read a thread about being able to take the "bicycle" reflector mounts and turning them into an undertail but I would imagine this doesn't give you a plate light. Does anyone have good close up pictures of the Hot Bodies Undertail or any other undertail for the 2008-2009 or any other suggestions?

I'd like to get a really nice undertail. Preferably one that has an LED built in for the plate light, etc. Any reviews on the Hot Bodies Undertail or any other undertails or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, if anyone knows a place that I could get the Yoshimura Tri-Opal (Tri-Oval?) full single sided exhaust system (4-1) for a low price I'd appreciate it.

ONE more thing...HID company/brand? I want to get low AND high beams and last time I bought them I had a huge problem with trying to get the massive ballast boxes mounted and hidden for the ones I had. ALSO...you know those little light bulbs above the headlights? The "parking" lights? Well...what light bulb number are those? When I install HIDs I wanted to change them to blue bulbs so they match better...

OK...done ranting. If several members could make a suggestion on each of the above I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hell with HID. Get an H7 headlight modulator and a PIA Ultra White bulbs in high and low beam. That way people are more likely to see you long before they pull out in front of you.

With all the dumb cagers out there I'd rather be seen as a bright flashing that might be an emergency vehicle than be a shiny blue dot that's might be getting closer.

Xenon king for HID's board sponsor. Ebay or advance auto for the LED corner lights. If Advance auto has them about $10, ebay $2. GPW board sponsor for the exhuast. my.02:whistle:

Does anyone have good close up pictures of the Hot Bodies Undertail

Hot Bodies Undertail for 08+ is off the shelf item and comes in several colors. Black is most common of course. Can ship today if you like. :thumbsup: They are common, and a lot of members here have them. Hugger is optional item too.

100_0582_adam_woodham_1.jpg

100_0582_adam_woodham_2.jpg

100_0582_adam_woodham_3.jpg

BrockII.jpg

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_2.jpg hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_3.jpg

100_0582_adam_woodham_1.jpg

100_0582_adam_woodham_2.jpg

100_0582_adam_woodham_3.jpg

BrockII.jpg

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_2.jpg

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_3.jpg

If you want a hot bodies undertail I have one never used for sale just send me a message.

Does the hotbodies undertail require any cutting/modification? It looks like it just bolts on. Does it "smoke" the turnsignals and taillight as shown in the pictures? Does it have a plate light? Cops in my area love to be ANAL about that crap.

Does it "smoke" the turnsignals and taillight as shown in the pictures? Does it have a plate light?

Scott, the smoked taillight & signal covers is a whole other kit made by Hot Bodies called a Stealth Kit. We've debated those here, but they are popular enough that I stock those. Last Stealth Kit sent out a few days ago went to Europe. :bowdown:

scar_ebc_1.gif 08_stealth_kit_6.jpg

Hot Bodies kits do not include items to light the plate. They include small set of brackets where you can attach the plate center mass which you can see the result here:

156334-hot-bodies-undertail-others-new-08-brockii.jpg

I'd imagine someone could easily rig up a lighting system for the plate using LED's or a small bulb. Plus there is a whole separate page just for aftermarket Tag Brackets. These range from homemade all the way up to $200 chromed ones- and lighted.

ppm_swing_arm_bracket_chrome_300.jpg

scar_ebc_1.gif

08_stealth_kit_6.jpg

ppm_swing_arm_bracket_chrome_300.jpg

The almighty Pashnit?? Wow. I've read tons of your articles online about write-ups on parts as well as the stuff about your touring rides. You helped me a lot over the years on picking out parts...

The hotbodies undertail looks decent. Are there any other undertails available for the Gen 2 busa? I just thought it would be cool to be able to order an undertail that connects to the wiring for the current plate light wiring like I used to have for my 2002. I had a mototeck undertail and it came with a built in LED for the plate and I really liked that...

Also...does clear alternatives or any other company make LED turnsignals for the front/back?

Scott, the smoked taillight & signal covers is a whole other kit made by Hot Bodies called a Stealth Kit. We've debated those here, but they are popular enough that I stock those. Last Stealth Kit sent out a few days ago went to Europe. :bowdown:

View attachment 156355 View attachment 156356

Hot Bodies kits do not include items to light the plate. They include small set of brackets where you can attach the plate center mass which you can see the result here:

156334-hot-bodies-undertail-others-new-08-brockii.jpg

I'd imagine someone could easily rig up a lighting system for the plate using LED's or a small bulb. Plus there is a whole separate page just for aftermarket Tag Brackets. These range from homemade all the way up to $200 chromed ones- and lighted.

View attachment 156357

Back