Horrendous accident

Sad all the way around.
sad.gif

MY LORD how incrediably sad all those lives destroyed in a instant.....and this also looks really, really bad for our sport....I think Wag is right, there was another bike crash here today and the day before that, and the week before that. It seems like it goes on quit a bit around these parts and I have wondered for a long time how long it will before our lawmakers figure a way to gain politcal ground with some sort of crusade for tougher standards with regards to motorcycling.....not that i want that, i'm just agreeing with Wag....I think its coming to at some point

I know I put some contriversial stuff up but does anyone know before we call him names and start pissing on his grave exactly how fast to fast was. I didnt see anything but an onlookers opinion of to fast. What was the posted speed limit 75 in a 55 would be considered way to fast by the police but I bet we all do that everyday. My prayers go out to everyone involved it is a horrible tradgedy but I know in my state the police put a bad spin on bikes everytime I can leave 200 feet of black mark if I just use the rear brakes or stop in 20 feet if I brake properly how the heck can they estimate speed on a bike?
rock.gif
Common sense says they cant. Dont get me wrong this guy may have made a hue mistake maybe he was going 150 MPH but I didnt see that we are all assuming that. As far as the van goes he made a mistake too but one I have made even in my cage (once) I didnt hit the guy but I switched lanes and he was in my blind spot accidents happen its tradgic

That is tragic
sad.gif
RIP to those lost...that is just so so sad...

I'd love to know how fast the bike was going
rock.gif

I know I put some contriversial stuff up but does anyone know before we call him names and start pissing on his grave exactly how fast to fast was. I didnt see anything but an onlookers opinion of to fast. [/QUOTE]

Let's see, we have a van that's smashed to oblivion, rolled over and burnt to a crisp with 4 innocent people DEAD inside. A huge van that looks like it was hit by a semi, yet all that canarge was caused by a 500 lb motorcycle....gee I wonder if he was going too fast?

Piss on his grave? Hell, his parents should be publicly beaten for raising such a fugtard that would go that fast in an area with other traffic, side streets, businesses and pedestrians. "It sounded explosive in nature. When it hit it was just that loud a boom," Ross recalled. He was only a few hundred feet away from the deadly crash on Route 220 offering EMT services at a local renaissance faire. A faire going on only a few hundred feet away?

The shidbag on the bike got off too easy with instant death...do you think the people (INCLUDING AN 11 YEAR OLD CHILD) in that BURNED out van got off that easy? What do you think their last moments were like?

This isn't the case of a "we've all done it" innocent accident that ends in death. That puke may as well have put 5 bullets in a revolver and gone around pointing it at people and pulling the trigger with a 5 out of 6 chance of killing them.

I'd like to know what happened to azzhole #2 on the second bike. If caught, I hope they make an example out of him.

Wouldn't bike #2 be guilty by association of 5 counts of ( at a MINIMUM) manslsughter?
To tip a van loaded with 5 occupants over the speed was well over "75 mph" My GUESS is that 150 may even be conservative. Not a physics major. Bueller??

I am just saying I didnt see anything about how fast it was going etc if you look in the NH paper there was an accident where a bike riding in a group went over the center line and hit an SUV rolling it over. I was just saying I am not so quick to judge. Maybe this guy was doing 150 I dont know I am just saying I didnt read anything int here that some cager doesnt say everytime there is a bike accident.

Police said that a group of five motorcycles and another pair of
motorcycles were traveling close to each other on Route 9 at about
noon. Police said one of the motorcycles drifted into the westbound
lane and crashed into the oncoming SUV.

"The SUV then rolled over and crossed into the eastbound lane and
struck several more motorcycles," State Police Lt. Jerome Maslan said.

Three motorcyclists were killed, and three others were injured.

State police identified the deceased as Steven Leamy, 38, of East
Windsor, Ct.; Larry McFetridge, 54, of Bristol, Ct.; and Christopher
Fontaine, 39, of Chicopee, Mass.

The SUV was being driven by a woman from Maine and was carrying two
passengers.

"Three other motorcyclists were hurt. One of the motorcyclists of the
seven was not involved in the collision at all," Maslan said. "The
three people that were in the SUV were transported to Cheshire Medical
Center and are being treated for minor injuries."

Two of the motorcyclists who were killed were wearing helmets.

Police said they hope motorcyclists in the area take note of the crash.

"Both for the motor vehicles and the motorcycles," Maslan said. "Both
should use extreme caution and understand that there are going to be a
lot of motorcycles out next week."

Police said it's too early to determine if drugs, alcohol or speed
were factors in the accident.

First of all, my heart goes out to those lost, including the biker, and their families.

The only place for racing is on a track where the environment is more controlled. Even if the road appears clear, things can change in an instant.

We all push our bikes too far over the posted speed limit at some point. So, maybe we should all sit back and absorb this reality and learn from it lest we find ourselves in the exact same situation.

Peace to all my brothers and sisters up on two wheels! And please ride safe.

Okay, then it's a 2 part fault.  The biker for going too fast and the van driver for making a left in front of the biker.  I don't care if he wasn't a member of this board, and I don't care he made this fatal mistake... WE'VE ALL MADE MISTAKES.  Just not fatal like this guy's, whom I'll just call him Torpedeo Boy.

RIP Torpedeo Boy.
You're an idiot!!! The biker had to have been going pretty damn fast to cause that kind of outcome. The driver probably didn't see the rider at the beginning of the turn because the rider was still out of sight. Did you ever think of that?

MoosesBusa did the math, why don't you. The only negative thing I can say about the driver is that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BULLSH!T

I was waiting for how long it would take for someone to bring up the point of how the van "pulled out" it front of the azzhole on the bike.

I'd love to see you judge the distance of some ##### on a small bike heading your way at 150+ mph.
call bullshit all you want, you know its true...if that bike was ridden by one of the members of your little clique, all you bleeding hearts would be lamblasting the "stupid cager".... seen it before.... be careful of calling someone that is riding their bikes fast on the street an ####### for doing so, read too many of you people here bragging about topping your bikes out on the street...but, then again, back to the clique again.... hypocrisy is hard to hide...

BULLSH!T

I was waiting for how long it would take for someone to bring up the point of how the van "pulled out" it front of the azzhole on the bike.

I'd love to see you judge the distance of some ##### on a small bike heading your way at 150+ mph.
call bullshit all you want, you know its true...if that bike was ridden by one of the members of your little clique, all you bleeding hearts would be lamblasting the "stupid cager".... seen it before.... be careful of calling someone that is riding their bikes fast on the street an ####### for doing so, read too many of you people here bragging about topping your bikes out on the street...but, then again, back to the clique again.... hypocrisy is hard to hide...
A whole 74 posts and you already know that much about this forum and all its members?
rock.gif

I'm not part of this forum's clique and don't ever intend to become part of it. While I admit part of what you said is true, there are many more around here that call things as they see it.
I'd also be willing to bet that 99.9% of this boards members don't open up their bikes in busy residential/commercial areas.

It's amazing you're calling "bleeding heart" when you're the one blaming the van driver for not judging the speed of that fuktard on the bike.

A whole 74 posts and you already know that much about this forum and all its members?
rock.gif

I'm not part of this forum's clique and don't ever intend to become part of it.  While I admit part of what you said is true, there are many more around here that call things as they see it.
I'd also be willing to bet that 99.9% of this boards members don't open up their bikes in busy residential/commercial areas.

It's amazing you're calling "bleeding heart" when you're the one blaming the van driver for not judging the speed of that fuktard on the bike.
another jackass that thinks being a motormouth and having a large post count makes you more valuable/intelligent/worthy....get a grip dude, post count mean exactly #### in any "real" sense.... as far as me blaming the van driver? i didn't, i pointed out a reality...the van driver did, indeed, fail to yeild....i also pointed out a valid point in that, if that rider had been a "member" here, everyone's panties would be in a good time knot over the van driver making a left turn in front of him....

you should try controling your posting fingers more, you can learn *alot* about the folks on a board by reading, not by making your post count grow
type.gif

Post count means everything when a non participating newbie idiot such as yourself jumps into a forum and starts making blanket statements about all its members.

Are you the type of guy that starts a new job and knows everything about your fellow employees after your first day on the job?

HAHA...less than 1.5 posts per day and I'm a motormouth!
smile.gif

Oh and I hope you never have to yield to a torpedo that you can't even see until it's too damn late.

Back