Honest Question

G

I plan on keeping this bike for the next four seasons... I plan on doing alot of mods including all carbon fairings.... It is alot of money to invest.

Is it even worth while going with the carbon panels, cost about $4000 Canadian? Will I ever see any of my money invested back when I go to sell it in four?

IMHO you'll be lucky to get anything better than book value for a used bike unless it has something really wicked installed,like a turbo. Even then, you'll never get close to what you've "invested" in it. However, if it turns out that the Busa becomes an icon as the fastest bike ever offered to the public back in the "unrestricted days", it may well become a much sought after collectible in the future. It's hard to predict that stuff though.

Thanks gang for the advise... Well., I am off to modify hell then. Gotta make this baby a reflection of me......

You can spend $3800 on replacement factory parts, $4400 on A-Tech carbon, or $1800 on Sebimoto (Yoyodyne Ti). Hell you can get Sharkskinz for under a $1000.

Keep all the stock items, and reinstall when selling. Sell your aftermarket items. Of course you will still loose money, just not as much.

Having just gone through the experience of selling a bike with lots of mods, I can tell you that you won't get any extra for the items that you leave on the bike. I found that buyers seldom even understand what in the hell they're looking at. I had one guy who wanted me to take off stainless steel brake lines and put the stock ones back on because he was worried about "problems."

The thing is to take the aftermarket parts off and sell them separately. It seems that buyers expect to pay about half of what the parts sold for new, assuming they are in very good condition.

Don't do any modification thinking that it will be an "investment." Do it to please yourself because there sure as hell isn't any money in it.

Hey BB have you still got that old V&H pro-stock bike? Last time I seen it was at Kim`s several years ago. Good to see ya still messing with bikes! Chris

Back