Carbon Accessories

OB_jerseybus

Registered
I have a few quick questions for anybody out there. Has anyone ever had any experience with Carbon stuff from A.R.T. motorcycles in the U.K.? I was thumbing through a magazine, and their stuff looked like it was pretty nice quality. I am particularly interested in a decent front fender, rear eliminator, and rear hugger (all in black carbon.) I understand A-tech makes some nice stuff, but how do I get my hands on it, and at what costs? These are some ideas I have in mind for the next couple of months. My Muzzy inner panels were pretty nice (I guess I happened to get a good set,) after alot of complaining, and a wait of 3 months (from Feb 00'). My rear cowl pad was actually the prototype from Sargent (I guess if you express enough demand for a product, companies will explore the option of producing that product.) Who else besides A-tech makes nice Carbon Fiber???

Magical Racing makes excellent carbon fiber parts. I had a ART rear hugger and it was made very nice. I carry the MR carbon fiber and it is direct replacement front and rear fenders in carbon fiber. Also carry the mirrors in carbon fiber. Email me at turbo1300@cybercyclestuff.com

Philo, now that you mention it I have seen your bike (I think on LaBusas board.) I could be wrong. From memory, you may have had a cbx in your garage at the time of the picture??? If it is your bike, I must tell you it is one of the nicest/cleanest looking bike design-wise that I have seen (not overdone like some others.) I spent a couple of years in your neck of the woods (Rider alum.) There are certainly some beautiful roads in Mercer Co. Bikewise, New Hope is not what it used to be though. I can remember when you could just walk and enjoy all of the bikes lined up past ringside and the logan,, and just hang out. You can't really do that anymore. Oh well, whatever. Do you sell any of the accesories yourself, or have you purchased them from someone else like CyberCycle?? Also, thanks for the advice. If you're saying that the A-tech undercowl is clean and simple 'without major surgery' I may have to consider it as a viable option. What about carbon fenders and/or huggers... A-tech also??? thanks...

Jersey... that was Philo's bike on LABUSAS... thank you for the compliment. I've gotten some things from Cycle Stuff (Charles is a good guy!) but the A-Tech stuff came from KawAbuser (see post above for email address)... the under fender is also available in fiberglass from A-Tech... less money than carbon fiber. Charles has some great MRacing mirror inserts... wider field of view and "Clearer"... They fit perfectly and look stock. Let me know if you're coming up this way...

Cyclestuff, did you have to drill holes in the swingarm for that ART rear hugger. I have seen pictures of other ART huggers, and it almost looks as if the unit clamps on somehow. I really am not looking to tap and drill my swingarm for the job. How about some ball-park prices on the stuff (either MR or ART, or even A-tech.) The **** fender in carbon from Lochart Phillips is over $350.00, and I've heard very mixed reviews on the quality. I also checked out the 'freestylemotodesign' stuff, but I don't care for the repositioning of the rear light, or those rear markers (which as I understand it have to be mounted 'via drilling' into the rear tail.) I plan on having this bike for a long time, but I would like to give the buyer the opportunity to return it back to stock with relative ease. I just think that drilling holes into the swingarm and the tail wouldn't exactly add value over the long run. Who knows, with all of the b.s. surrounding restrictions etc... these 99's and 00's could command a nice premium on the secondary market in the years to come. Thanks for the input everyone... Later

jersey... I have the A-Tech Carbon fiber fender elimination kit... no holes to drill... it is expensive... but it fits and performs perfectly... hugger is held on with "zip ties" no problem... if you'd like to see it I'm in Lambertville... send me an email: lahnemann@worldnet.att.net

I've also got the Dymag mag carbon wheels and lots of other goodies...

Back