Honda 600 rr vs 01 Hayabusa setup for the track

I wouldn't race for pinks unless you just want to give up your bike...I love Busa's but the 600 is going to eat you for lunch......two different style of bikes...thats my .02 cents worth....any cash being laid down
cool.gif

I have absolutely no track experience... and hence cant comment about it mate!! But, id definetly be interested toknow the results
blush.gif

For my money, he'll probably beat you, having the edge in experience and all, but I highly doubt he'd be able to lap you in a 10 lap race. Have some fun and definitely let us know how it turns out!
cool.gif

Turn 8 and 9 is actually one long turn . On a Busa it will seem like an eternity though there when fatigue sets in only to be able to get back on the gas long enough to have to brake for turn 1 because of the speed the Busa is capable of gathering up while the 600 moves on . A Supersport will run right through there and carry higher speed through turn 2 all the way out of turn 4 .

A guy on a Busa would have to be a much better rider than a SS rider to stand a chance .

Thanks for all of the advice and yes it will be to have fun, taking a track day before and pinning the picture up is a good idea and if there is one available I will do that.

how long is that track? doesn't appear to be much over 2mi at best...

even at 20 seconds a lap faster you still figure it would take atleast 5-6 laps ..

and 20 seconds is HUGE... thats like comparing amatuer track day riders to AMA speeds on a 2.3mi track..

I don't think he's gonna lap ya.. i figure he will get away from you a bit.

My experience with the 'busa and trackdays ...

I could mostly keep up with my own skill level riders thru the turns.. maybe lose 2-2.5 bike legnths on a big sweeper like that due to corner speed..

the biggest place I was loosing ground was coming down from high speeds.. they could out brake me like a mofo.. whatever I was gaining with the extra top end I was more than giving away in extra braking distance.

Good advice and that's why I went with the Wave Rotors front and back, made a hugh diff in braking. I can break at least 30% later than I could with the stock brakes at high speed.:D

Looking at that particular track and seeing you 2 are equal riders, I don't think he'll lap you in 10. Any distance he gains on the turns will be given up quickly on those straights. On a track with more turns and shorter straights, he'll probably do it, but on that one, it'll be hard.

As I see it, his challenge is to lap you ... not just beat you.

My point, I told him that on any other track there is no way that I would be able to keep up with him, but on that track and the way that my bike is set up he is going to have his hands full:laugh:

The Honda will win. If you're a good twisty rider, the Busa won't be lapped in 10 laps.

Back