GSXR750 versus GSXR1000 on the track

If you were to look at the Nov. races at Willow Spring Raceway for the Super Stock Classes, you would see how little difference there is between well ridden 600cc, 750cc, and 1000cc sportbikes.

600cc Super Stock fastest lap - 1:27.42
750cc Super Stock fastest lap - 1:25.07
Open Super Stock fastest lap - 1:24.90

Willow Springs is big horsepower track, and the 600's just dont have enough hp. However on a smaller more technical track the disparity would be less.

PS: liter bikes will go thru tires like a fat kid at an ice cream buffet, 600's are a little easier on tires....and an SV would be be the cheapsest to supply with tires.

just something to think about.....cost of tires can get out of hand real fast.

If you go to a 1000.... just make sure you have your head in the right place and check your ego at the door! Say this a few times before you ride it! Then think about being smooth and controlled about everything you do! As they say a 1k will get you hurt quicker then a 750 and 600. I know I could probably go faster on the 750 or 600, but have to agree the hp factor on the 1k for me is hard to beat! But when a guy on 600 hands you your butt in a corner just dont get cocky and grab the gas..... Mr Highside is right there to say Hello!

Getting close, I have a GSXR1000 in my sights, but posted on the Gixxer forum and they say 750 much better for the track.

There is 11lbs difference between the two bikes, so besides horsepower they should be close? For a 1000 to ride like a 750 put it in C mode?

Decisions, decisions, decisions?

Back