Anyone ride their Busa on track days?

The camera bike is a 2011 stock Busa. You see an 08 @ 33 seconds and again @ about 15:50.
October 20, 2012 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken mine to a track weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park.
I had a great time, even though I am slow.
v80bw8.jpg

1zfpyqs.jpg

2hqxwty.jpg

I had no problems in the corners, as long as I waited until I was upright coming out of the slower turns.

Start off in the green group, and if there are instructors/control riders there, ask them to show you the way around the track, then have them follow you to critique your style.

I had no problems in the corners, as long as I waited until I was upright coming out of the slower turns.

Start off in the green group, and if there are instructors/control riders there, ask them to show you the way around the track, then have them follow you to critique your style.

I've heard others say the same thing about exiting the corners....I'll try to watch that carefully. I"m not going to try to be fast for a while...I've got a custom paint job and no race plastics..lol. I just want to have some fun as well.

Chasing Skydivr around Barber
lap around Barber with skydivr - YouTube[/url]

LSBusa chasing me around Barber.
lap around Barber with LA Busa - YouTube[/url]

Mixing it up with Skydivr and Woodrfow
few laps around Barber with skydivr and woodrrow - YouTube[/url]

Chasing Skydivr around Barber
lap around Barber with skydivr - YouTube[/url]

LSBusa chasing me around Barber.
lap around Barber with LA Busa - YouTube[/url]

Mixing it up with Skydivr and Woodrfow
few laps around Barber with skydivr and woodrrow - YouTube[/url]

Very cool.... that looks like a great track to ride. I hope the ones near me are decent.

Three season later Dennis, I'd like to take my Busa back out there and see how much better I could ride it... without crashing of course!

How are you guys not scared of crashing?? At some point I'd like to have a go on the track but I keep thinking, "If I screw up my bike is toast!" I just can't get past that.

How are you guys not scared of crashing?? At some point I'd like to have a go on the track but I keep thinking, "If I screw up my bike is toast!" I just can't get past that.

Crashes happen. I've been down once in over a dozen track days. I made all of the classic mistakes leading up to it. It was the last session of the weekend, so I was tired. I was going to pit the lap before, but then talked myself into just 1 more lap since we were packing up after this one. Then I saw some of my buddy's on the track ahead of me and tried to catch up to them. This is how it turned out.

Crashes happen. I've been down once in over a dozen track days. I made all of the classic mistakes leading up to it. It was the last session of the weekend, so I was tired. I was going to pit the lap before, but then talked myself into just 1 more lap since we were packing up after this one. Then I saw some of my buddy's on the track ahead of me and tried to catch up to them. This is how it turned out.

Damn...that sucks. It can happen to anyone though. Do you feel like you got on it too early coming out of that last turn...or just had too much lean going?

Damn...that sucks. It can happen to anyone though. Do you feel like you got on it too early coming out of that last turn...or just had too much lean going?

That turn is the highest lean angle on that track...just a little too much lean angle and a little too much throttle....

Back