Homebrew part II, bottling day

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
It's been two weeks since I started my first batch and the fermentation process was over so Sunday I bottled my first batch of beer. The recipe made 5 gallons or 48 twelve ounce bottles.

All in all there was about 10 hours of effort on this batch. That includes not only the brewing process but also cleaning and sanitizing the bottles, fermenters, carboys and bottling. It will be 2 more weeks before I can try it.

This Sunday I will start my second batch and will try an Irish Red Ale.

How long does it take to make the beer? Pictures! What are you calling it? Hayabrew? 180MPH Lager? Burnout Brew?

How long does it take to make the beer? Pictures! What are you calling it? Hayabrew? 180MPH Lager? Burnout Brew?

Right now I'm simply following others recipes. Once I get the basics, I'll get creative.

The recipe I just bottled was a 4.25% pale ale. I picked up the grains to make an Irish red ale this weekend and will photograph the process.

...and I do like hiyabrew :laugh:

C'mon over! I brought both smokers and grills so we can do some damage.

There may be other alcoholic beverages made here...I've become a convert of hard ciders and there are lots of apple orchards here. We've also got an elderberry tree on the property - maybe make some elderberry wine. I was thinking of researching how to make meade but I need to find a reasonable honey supply. So many options...

Back