Hmf problems

AHHHHHHHHHH! Washers! you need about 3-4 washers between the rear left spacer and the bracket. That solved my issue! Seriously dude, it's that simple, 3 washers gave me 1/4 inch clearance!

AHHHHHHHHHH! Washers! you need about 3-4 washers between the rear left spacer and the bracket. That solved my issue! Seriously dude, it's that simple, 3 washers gave me 1/4 inch clearance!
Yep...but yet the techs at the dealership couldn't figure that out? "we need to cut the plastic cause we're really kinda clueless about this stuff"
ices_rofl.gif
thats rich........

I actually contacted HMF myself. They said the shop really seemed to know what they were doing and they suggested returning it rather than bringing it someplace else! I am returning it now, and HMF is going to inspect it for any possible problems. I am hoping they tell me that it was a defect on their part, because I really like the system. If they say everything was right I am going to purchase the devil high mount.The performance gains with the HMF are supposed to be much better, but the appearance is my first criteria in chosing a new system.
On a side note I want to say how good HMF was as far as their assistance with the shop, sending out new parts, and accepting a return with absloutely no problems or hassle!

I actually contacted HMF myself. They said the shop really seemed to know what they were doing and they suggested returning it rather than bringing it someplace else! I am returning it now, and HMF is going to inspect it for any possible problems. I am hoping they tell me that it was a defect on their part, because I really like the system. If they say everything was right I am going to purchase the devil high mount.The performance gains with the HMF are supposed to be much better, but the appearance is my first criteria in chosing a new system.  
On a side note I want to say how good HMF was as far as their assistance with the shop, sending out new parts, and accepting a return with absloutely no problems or hassle!
If I was gonna get high mounts HMF would be my only choice. I hope you can get them on your bike
wink.gif
 Not all shops are half-assed...there are some good ones out there...they're just few and far between. Maybe with a new system the shop can set you up  
biggrin.gif

And thanks for the feedback on HMF  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142306189 -->

I am gonna let them install it. Something is still wrong, from what I understand they have to alter the passenger peg to make it fit. As I almost never ride with anybody that was fine by me. The shop stuck with their original price quote so I was happy about that. I know some of you will think I am crazy for letting them do this, but I have seen their work in person and in magazine and I trust them.
I am still waiting on some other parts, and with the weather in NH I wont be riding anytime soon. But hopefully I can tell you in a couple weeks how happy I am with my new system.

Back