HMF dual highmounts

EAKbusa

Registered
I am trying to save for a system, either Micron (can't go wrong) or these bad boys. Mainly I like the looks of the HMF's but I am concerned about whether or not there is still room between them to mount the license plate and some sort of turnsignals. Or do you have to get an undertail and integrated turn signals if you want to use the high mount HMF system? I may have to go with a Micron system if using the HMF's requires too many other mod's to fit them.

EAKbusa,

I got the HMFs on my baby. They look good, sound good and produce a nice gain in hp. I did lose the turn signals, but I knew that and I'm going to install a new tail anyway. I think our Maryland license plates are the largest in the country and they still fit, though I did lose my custom license plate frame. There are a couple of pics of the work in progress on my web page.

DJ aka SageRonin

DJ's Bikes Webpage

Sage - those HMFs look good! Is that a complete system or what? I need some new cans and like the high mount look, and those even keep the passenger pegs, which are very important to me. I just don't know if I want to have to take my bike to a dyno to get remapped if I get a full system... Do you have any pictures from the back? Thanks :)

HMF's are pretty dam cool, but at the last minute I decided the Micron full race system....I was not disappointed in the sound or performance!

micron.jpg

sage,

Do you highmounts melt your fairings? I hear that some do. Not sure if it was HMFs or some other brand tho.

Here's the only pic I have from the rear. If you need a closer shot let me know?

This is the full system and yes the pipes get pretty darn hot! I just received the heat shield tape that I ordered, so I'm gonna' take the fairings off and apply it to those sensitive areas. Luckily it hasn't melted the plastic or paint.

Peace

DJsToys22.JPG

Very nice Sage and thanks for the information. I think I can manage to fit or mount turn signals somehow so long as the plate fits and it looks like it does.

And wow Busagod, you have your baby pretty decked out oin the racing garb. Looks great. I would be afraid of getting too much attention from the law with such a paint scheme. And I am still undecided about Micron or HMF's but I am leaning toward the HMF's. Can't beat that look. But Micron rocks too and I have been happy with their exhaust in the past.

Eric

Few more things, what do the cans hang from since they are behind the rear pillion mounts? And does the rear underwing still fit with the highmounts?

Few more things, what do the cans hang from since they are behind the rear pillion mounts? And does the rear underwing still fit with the highmounts?
EAK,

They are braced with the bolts behind the rear foot pegs. Yes, you get to keep the underwing too. I'm getting my new tail next week, so I'll post a couple pics of the finished project and any close-ups that you want to see.
Now I'm saving up for next years mods ... new rims!!

Back