hmf highmount gen 1 help

busa dave

Registered
I need the install instructions for a gen 1 hmf highmount full system. I hope someone has them. I went on hmf's website and they have instructions for everything except the busa.

Thanks,
Dave

Instructons? what? Those are the first thing i ignore when a start a project, the girlfriend is a close 2nd:laugh:

Instruction on exhaust dont help much. The HMF have to be MAN handled to get the HI S pipes to clear like they should. Put it together loosley all the way to the including the cans mounted..then you have to twist tap and pull rotations to get the bend in the correct place.

Old pic of when I had that HMF set up, :laugh: before I modded them:beerchug:

DSCN0944.jpg

Yeah, i found a nice used set on ebay, so i snatched em up. I figure it's pretty straight forward. I know there are some bracket's and spacers at the rear foot peg that can only go one way. I'm sure i can figure it out. I am a journeyman millwright / Ironworker. So it shouldn't be too bad.

it can be a pain getting the pipe in the exh manifold and tucked under the oil pan...then mating the pipes up under the oil pan on the way to the back...the spacers distance the brackets away from the frame of the bike. In which case on my bike I did not adjust them correctly and the rubbed off some paint...so just take the time to check it all out...and try to get the suspension moving up / down to see if any of the pipe clamps need to be rotated to clear other parts.

The spacers mount between the subframe and the passenger rearsets...pushing them outward to make room for the pipes. The brackets also mount at the passenger rearsets too then the CANS mount to the brackets. Get some heat sheild...their pipe are close to the oil pan and lower fairings.

Already picked up header wrap to do from header to cross over pipe, and a 12X24 piece of sticky back heat shield.

Mine were a b!tch to get just right. Not quite happy with the fit, but I do like the system. I think they could have done a bit better in the fab department. They are hand bent so each one is slightly different. Mine rest really, and I mean really close on the radiator hose. My buddies 04 burnt the lower fairing bottom.

Back