HMF High mount install

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Got my system today and was going to undertake the install myself, but then before disassembly, I noticed that on the right stock mid pipe, there is a O2 sensor.My question is where on the new system does this sensor go?, Did hmf forget this or am I supposed to have one welded in. You would think for the money, they would have taken care of this for you.

Dang, NJ, that was a long time coming. Figured you would have had that thing on and screamin' long before now.

Right guys,been on the phone with HMF and Dynojet U.S. and U.K, you're right, the dang thing is a european model, the least painless thing to do right now is to have a bung welded in right now and then when the power commander gets here with the correct map, then remove the sensor and plug the hole.Everything tiny thing over here turns into a major pain in the ARse! Waited well over a month to get this high mount system here,paid in excess of 1200 u.s. and now I've got to have the darn thing modified to work! I will say though, this system is a work of art, the welds are some of the best I've seen and it appears that HMF have a good template or jig to work with, not to mention those beautiful twin carbon cans!!! pics will follow soon. Thanks Guys!!! N.J. out.

DON'T weld in a bung!!!!
Just cap the O2 sensor because all the sensor is trying to do is lean it out to 14.7:1. if it is in the pipe it will try to make the A/F 14.7:1 if it is capped it won't do anything due to it is already leaner than 14.7:1 because there is no fuel in the air

Back