HMF Full System?

flyboy

Registered
Thinking about adding HMF Full System High mount. Other than installing the system, what else needs to be done? Do I have to add a new airfilter? Does it have to be mapped?
rock.gif

yes it will have to have a map whether it be a custom map one or one made by someone else. You don't NEED to add a different air filter but it may be to your benefit.

more air in + more air out = more hp

you've got the second part covered.
wink.gif

HMF Are supposed to be pretty sweet systems. If I get bored with the Bolt ons I will prolly be going to the HMF Twin High mounts.

Only cautionary word I have heard is to make certain you protect your plastics from the heat, I guess the HMF cuts it pretty close and some folks have had some discoloration/melting problems.

Yes the dual highs come awuful close on the plastic they include a small portion of heat shielding but i bought more and put it along where the pipe runs so i would have no problems also these pipes are not easy to install but well worth the job you will be inpressed i never had a mape just put a k&n in and a small box mod and was so close getting a map woulda been pointless but that was just my case

i have a hmf bigbird.. bad ass pipe .. not for the timid.. it is very loud.. if you go that route i still have the map from when i was running the pipe small box mod bmc race filter.
oh yeah what year is yours mine is a 00
not sure if you have a 03 or newer if the map will work..

I love the HMF's but I have to say, what I have been reading and seeing of the BDE sytems are looking good.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080014112 -->

I love the HMF's but I have to say, what I have been reading and seeing of the BDE sytems are looking good.
You are right... But that is a sissy single piped system.. lol (I know it makes more power than HMFs)

However, if Brock made a dual system, I would be all over it!

I personally think the busa just looks funny with only one exhaust can. I know you loose more weight and stuff, but hey... We all are free to make our choices. The duals should make better torque down low. More *streetable* power for me. Thats my theory and I'm stickin to it! hehe

But for dual systems, well Im gonna go ahead and say it. There isn't a better dual mount full system made for the busa. It makes most power and looks awesome too!

Sorry if this post makes no sense, I just popped 2 peruset and am doin good....
drinka.gif
super.gif

Back