hmf high mount 4-2-1-2

04busarider

Registered
Im thinking of getting a hmf dual high mount exhaust for my 04 blue/silver busa
the problem im having is how the pipe goes over the rear foot pegs
will my wife syill be able to ride withought burning her ankles all the time, or isn't it a problem.
what about new york state inspection will it pass?
and do i need a power commander?(would it hurt performance if i installed one for future?)
thanks for the help!

JC is right they go behind the footpegs.. she wont burn her ankles but i have had girls have problems placing their foot but that because of the shoes they wore.. and no u dont need a PC but would be highly recommended.. and actually the PC3 USB model it has a few more features especially if u plan on adding stuff.

04busarider; I have the High HMF 4,2,1,2 on my bike and have nothing but good things to say about it. If you are doing the install make sure you take the time to line everything up especially around the oil pan area. Don't forget to put extra heat sheilding around the X-Collector area; (I would change the lower small plastic, the one in front of the x-collector to the new one made by Tiger Wing, you can get them from Schintz Racing and it only cost $59.00 plus. It is made of Alum and you will not have to worry about plastic burn in that area. Once you get the plastics back on check to see how close the pipes coming from front part of the hearder to where they tie into the x-collector. If you have less than 1/2 inch clearance then put a good grade self stick heat sheild in that area. Hmf has the good stuff ask them to send extra. And yes you do need a power commander, this exhaust flows more air so you will have an lean condition, thus you need to richen your fuel mix to avoid popping and all of the other nasty things that could happen when you run to lean. I highly recommend the BMC Race air filter of the K&N, I don't know how they did it but my bikes performance was greater with the BMC, I did not notice a change with the K&N. I hope that this answers you questions.:D

Thanks for all the help guys youve made up my mind and i think im going to get them and thanks for the install advice ill let you guys know when i put them on, and how it works out but for now i have some breakin in to do if it would stop friggin raining!!
thanks again,
brian

Back