High mount hmf map

mrcheero

Registered
I've recently added a full dual high mount HMF system to my '05. I've seen a few pictures on some of the other posts of the same system. I wanted to know what map for the power comander works best with this set up.

I've recently added a full dual high mount HMF system to my '05. I've seen a few pictures on some of the other posts of the same system. I wanted to know what map for the  power comander works best with this set up.
Curious myself.  Is this the full system or the mid-pipe with cans system and did you install it yourself?  Heard directly from HMF that it's a nightmare putting the full in.

If you don't mind, how much did you pay?

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150424171 -->

I've recently added a full dual high mount HMF system to my '05. I've seen a few pictures on some of the other posts of the same system. I wanted to know what map for the power comander works best with this set up.
Curious myself. Is this the full system or the mid-pipe with cans system and did you install it yourself? Heard directly from HMF that it's a nightmare putting the full in.

If you don't mind, how much did you pay?
Its not that bad.I've done it a couple of times.And the best map is a custom map,but the one they recommend isnt bad.

Did it myself, its the full system, wasnt too bad took a couple of hours going slow and checking everything twice. had to "adjust" the rear mounting plates but it was no big deal. Everything else fit just right.

Oh forgot, paid like $800 and HMF says stay with the stock hayabusa map on the power commander. Thats the way its running right now and its def. got more git up but just want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of it.

Did it myself, its the full system, wasnt too bad took a couple of hours going slow and checking everything twice. had to "adjust" the rear mounting plates but it was no big deal. Everything else fit just right.
Any problems/difficulty aligning the cans at the rear of the bike? I was told the hardest part was aligning the with the rear footpegs evenly so it looks conguent from behind..

Oh forgot, paid like $800 and HMF says stay with the stock hayabusa map on the power commander. Thats the way its running right now and its def. got more git up but just want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of it.
$800 is great for a full dual high mount. Did you go direct or through a local vendor, online, etc.?

Sorry, I feel like a little 8 year old asking too many questions.

Huh, Mister, huh, huh ,huh?

got it at SOLOMOTO talked em down a bit, I did have to adjust the rear mounting plates that hold the cans. I put them in a vise with soft jaws and bent them just a VERY little bit to make sure both sides were even

does anyone have any problem with the oil filter being too close to the HMF header? well i did, i changed my oil for the first time this weekend with the hmf dual high mount full system and it was a pain in the ass to get the filter off because the header was too close to it.

Same here, slight "adjustment" to get the rear to look square.
I tried a couple of different maps, but went back to the default HMF map from the factory. Works best for me.
Haven't tried to change the oil yet, but I remember how close that filter is, It's gonna be a beotch
rock.gif

Sorry lost track of this for a while. As I remember the system started at about $1200 and after I did a bunch of searching on the net I'm pretty sure I paid about $800. Its the full system, stainless.

Sorry lost track of this for a while. As I remember the system started at about $1200 and after I did a bunch of searching on the net I'm pretty sure I paid about $800. Its the full system, stainless.
It should be cheaper if not CF cans, but $400.00 is a big savings.

rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???  You need a receipt to know if it is CF cans?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

That seems a little off.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151167093 -->