HMF Dual Highmounts installed

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Adam (rubber2burn) and I spent the weekend wrenching on bikes. Well, i say BIKE(S), but the majority of time was really spent on mine installin the HMF Highmounts. What a pain in the @SS that turned out to be really!

I have to thank Adam though, he worked his butt off, put me up for the night, and we got everything done and dialed in. Thanks a lot man, I definately wouldnt have had the patience to do this job alone!

Pic 1 of 4...

Picture_003.jpg

Pic 3 of 4...
2 new toys sittin side-by-side!

The dual high's on the BUSA and the undertail exhaust on R1 look good together!

Picture_001.jpg

Pic 4 of 4...

The cans lined up nicely. My tag is a bit off, but overall the system turned out SWEET!! I love the added power in the low end, all the lower gears are smoother, shifting feels smoother. VERY pleased with this exhaust!

Picture_005.jpg

Was the PITA because it didn't line up? Did you have to ever so slighly manipulate any of the piping?

are the buell pegs going to work with this exhaust?

nice setup btw
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Was the PITA because it didn't line up?  Did you have to ever so slighly manipulate any of the piping?
We did not have to do anything to the piping it was all in the brackets that mounts to the pipe it self. The bracket that connects to the left pipe on the bike came from HMF slightly bent so we had to tweak it back just a little then everything lined up nicely.

Adam (rubber2burn) and I spent the weekend wrenching on bikes.  Well, i say BIKE(S), but the majority of time was really spent on mine installin the HMF Highmounts.  What a pain in the @SS that turned out to be really!

I have to thank Adam though, he worked his butt off, put me up for the night, and we got everything done and dialed in.  Thanks a lot man, I definately wouldnt have had the patience to do this job alone!

Pic 1 of 4...
Dude you know I told you there was no need to thank me you help me with my forks so it was the least I could do. She looks good with the new exhaust and DB man made me really want my old 02 back really BAD always loved those colors. See ya on the 19th Bro
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

looks great. If I get another Busa that is the system that will go on it.
beerchug.gif

Adam (rubber2burn) and I spent the weekend wrenching on bikes.  Well, i say BIKE(S), but the majority of time was really spent on mine installin the HMF Highmounts.  What a pain in the @SS that turned out to be really!

I have to thank Adam though, he worked his butt off, put me up for the night, and we got everything done and dialed in.  Thanks a lot man, I definately wouldnt have had the patience to do this job alone!

Pic 1 of 4...
looks good. i have heard those systems take some work to get right. on a side note how do you like the gel seat? i was thinking of getting one. is there a big difference from stock?

Pic 1 of 4...
looks good.  i have heard those systems take some work to get right.  on a side note how do you like the gel seat?  i was thinking of getting one.  is there a big difference from stock?
It took a little work but but not a whole lot of work to get right the biggest problem we encountered was the X pipe. HMF really needs to rethink the X pipe they use they could make a better design for sure.

Pic 1 of 4...
looks good.  i have heard those systems take some work to get right.  on a side note how do you like the gel seat?  i was thinking of getting one.  is there a big difference from stock?
Gel seat isn't that great honestly. I'd like to jump out and get a Tobin one day. If for some reason I ever go riding and am wearing jeans, the monky-A$$ is absolutely inevitable!!

Looks good, how good does the turn signals show up in the day time, I was thinking of buying some.

They work great for me. I've never had a problem with someone not seeing, nor have I ever been harrassed by LEO, so they must be bright enough.

Where did you order them from.
Oh geez, a buddy of mine gave em to me, he had ordered them from eBay, thought he had ordered one set, ended up ordering 2 pair instead.

U may want to scour eBay for it, I will see if I can find out what kind they were. They've been on the bike for a few years now, never had a problem with em ever.

Back