HMF Dual Highmounts...

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Well, for the last few months or so i've been saving up and researchind what type of exhuast i would like to have. Wasn't going for all out performance, but mainly for sound and look.

After settling on the HMF Dual Highmounts (aluminum) a buddy of mine told me that i would be dumb to install the highmounts due to the heat issue.

...conversation...

(ME) Heat issue, i thought the cans and mids dissipated heat fairly well?
(BUDDY) Nah man, u see how hot ur bike is right now, its gonna be 10x worse!
(ME) Really? never heard anyone have a problem with it.
(BUDDY) oh yeah, those pipes along with texas summer heat will roast ur A$$

So, my question to the ones out there that HAVE this system or have ridden a bike with this setup, how was it? Any noticeable change in heat?

Thanks!
Chemist

I am running the dual high mount with CF cans. I know that you are talking about aluminum cans. PM Red05, Paul has aluminum cans on a high mount system. They look and sound great.

Don

Mids would be my only concern...or aluminum cans for a passenger. CF cans will stay cool.

Chemist,
I don't have any issues with the "S" pipes at all, BUT, my bike is set up for single rider only. I know Paul ride two-up 99% of the time and his wife is fine. Those "S" do get hot. Not hot enough to melt anything but hot enough to burn you. Hope this helps.

Don

I'VE HAD THIS SYSTEM ON 2 BUSAS AND HAVE HAD NO HEAT PROBLEMS FROM THE HIGH PIPES. I ALWAYS RIDE SOLO AND REMOVED THE REAR PASS PEGS SO CANNOT TELL YOU IF THEY ARE TOO HOT FOR A PASSANGER BUT DUE TO THEIR LOCATION I WOULD BE CAREFUL WITH A PASSANGER UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SURE.
OTHER THAN BEING A LITTLE TIME CONSUMING TO INSTALL THEY ARE GREAT. A LOT OF HORROR STORIES HAVE BEEN POSTED ABOUT THE INSTALL BUT BY TAKING YOUR TIME AND A LITTLE COMMON SENSE THEY ARE NOT BAD. THE WEIGHT SAVINGS IS SUBSTANTIAL, POWER GAIN (WITH POWER COMMANDER)VERY GOOD AND THE SOUND
AWESOME.
IF IT SOUNDS LIKE I AM A FAN OF THE SYSTEM YOU ARE CORRECT, TELL YOUR FRIEND TO STOP BEING A SISSY MAN AND TAKE THE HEAT!!

I have the High Mount CF's, no heat issues with them or the mids....and I'm in Central Florida heat.

Semi is also running the Aluminum cans. I don't think he's had any issues...

no problems here...none of my passengers have ever complained
beerchug.gif

I had the HMF hi-mount with CF cans....still miss that awesome GRRRROOOOWWWWLLL when I opened'er up on the interstate
beerchug.gif

great system, no heat issues on the CF cans, but yeh s-pipe will get warm...dont rest your boot heels on there
guns.gif
or you wont have a heel left!

mybusa.JPG

I had the HMF hi-mount with CF cans....still miss that awesome GRRRROOOOWWWWLLL when I opened'er up on the interstate
beerchug.gif

great system, no heat issues on the CF cans, but yeh s-pipe will get warm...dont rest your boot heels on there
guns.gif
 or you wont have a heel left!
I've never had my boots melt, but then I'm thinking, you're feet are probably a LOT longer than mine!
laugh.gif

Thanks for the input ladies and gents.

Will be stickin with the HMF's!! Ahh, feels good! After hearin PipeFighter's sound clip a while back I was hooked! NOw more so than ever to hear everyones feedback!

HIGHMOUNTS IT IS!!

HMF dual high CFs here too...no heat issues anywhere but here are some things I did not know when buying:
1. You lose the stock rear signals (Clear alternatives rear light with integrated signals was my eventual solution)
2. You need to trim/grind/dremel the passenger peg supports where the old pipes hung...no biggie
3. Your choices of rear luggage..i.e. saddlebags etc that would hang down sides are limited

Every time you crack past 6000 rpm with the HMFs you won't be thinking about 1-3 above...they sound/are GREAT!!!

Tony

love my hi-mounts and wouldnt have anything else on a busa to be honest. The look, the sound, the power, hell yea HMF is the SHIZNIT!!!

Hit me up if you still would like to get a set, Im a dealer for them and would love to put a set in the mail for ya.

Josh

Ryders Connection

Back