hit clicking noise from engine

lapuamag

Registered
hi there
just bought a new busa 2005,no problems with bike
but funny clicking noise from underneath the tank when engine is warm, mostly when idling, goes away as the revs hit  -3000 rpm.more noticeable while sitting on the bike and sometimes the noise just goes away.the sound is not from the clutch area but more from the throttle body fuel pump area.
seems to disappear as soon as i switch of the engine and starts it again.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanx

<!--EDIT|lapuamag
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127844602 -->

11.jpg

Welcome to the board!! never heard of any problem like that... but stick around, im sure someone can help you out on that one!!

my new 05 did it aswell,only noticed the noise when idleing down my driveway,dealer said it was the PAIR valve , not to worry about it, after i hit about 1500 or so miles i don't notice it anymore.

my new 05 did it aswell,only noticed the noise when idleing down my driveway,dealer said it was the PAIR valve , not to worry about it, after i hit about 1500 or so miles i don't notice it anymore.
thanx for your input, also thought it could be the pair valve after reading the service manual.will let you know if the noise goes away.

My 03 does it went I first start the bike, then it goes away

Maybe your valves are now getting seated from running which in turn makes your cams wear alittle which puts slack in your cam chain in turn makes your tensioner being oil pressurized move outward when cranked and once warm chain strecthes alittle and noise goes away.Just my thoughts>>>>>

Mine's done it for 23k miles. Dealer said it was normal, seems to be correct. I have noticed others doing it, some more so than others. It's not the pair vave, mine has been removed for a long time. Seems to be a noisy valvetrain.

Maybe your valves are now getting seated from running which in turn makes your cams wear alittle which puts slack in your cam chain in turn makes your tensioner being oil pressurized move outward when cranked and once warm chain strecthes alittle and noise goes away.Just my thoughts>>>>>
Now thats what I call deep technical expertise...
biggrin.gif

Most Suzuki motorcycles have a noisy top end.  My bike has almost 50,000 kms on it, and has been like that since day one.  My pair valve is removed, and I check the valves every 10,000-12,000 kms.  It pulls like a freight train, and can still bury the needle.  As long as it keeps on doing so, it can click and rattle all it wants.

hi there
just bought a new busa 2005,no problems with bike
but funny clicking noise from underneath the tank when engine is warm, mostly when idling, goes away as the revs hit  -3000 rpm.more noticeable while sitting on the bike and sometimes the noise just goes away.the sound is not from the clutch area but more from the throttle body fuel pump area.
seems to disappear as soon as i switch of the engine and starts it again.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
Hallo to everyone
The bike has done 800km now and the noise went away,no funny noises anymore and very happy with the bike!
Thanx for all your info.

Back