Annoying Clicking Noise

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
I been hearing this clicking/ticking noise coming from underneath the tank. It starts to come as she hits 1100+ rpms and disappears as i pull her into 3rd hear. As the bike slows down in 2nd gear i can hear that noise again. Thought it was the chain so i pulled over in my garage and started revving the engine. I hear this clicking noise. What is it? Looks like the noise comes from my dad's car engine when the hood is open....click click click click.... :banghead:

valvetrain noise would be my guess. man, sure sounds like you keep finding "stuff" with your bike.

Could be a valve,,I one that clicks every so often but its soon right after startup at idle and maybe up to 2 or 3 k then goes away,,could be a spec of dirt ,not letting the valve seat flush,, ect and Ive heard alot of guys talk about the dash making a clicking noise in the plastic rubbing sometimes,,but this doesnt sound like what youve got going on,sounds likea lifter ,,camchain maybe....not being stupid,,but are you low on oil when sitting level/and is it old? plus some guys like running suzki 20/50 in the summer and 10/40 in the winter...manual does give 20/50 as a good alternative oil to use in hot index areas

Last edited:
Well , one good thing is the busa has a good track record of haveing a good motor that will hold up to a ceratin amont of punishment,,,but your right,,,Im helping several other guys straighten out secound hand busa's that previous owners have ran the dogsnot out of,,but with some TLC you can get it back up to par and get the bugs out of her to where you can still have fun with it,,,,,Any HP motor whether car or bike,,you can race them and run thru the gears,,but where the trouble comes in is where they are too stupid to know when to let off of them and or hold the RPM's up too long and to high,,,, and gag it,,That will stretch everything in that motor and more,,,,keep an eye on her and replace whats needed,,,I hope it levels out soon,,it does get aggrevating,,,,,,,pm me if you want to run something past me

The weired part was that at 5k miles, front tire was bald and rear tire was new when i got it. Ofcorse i told the dealer and they put a new one but 5k miles for a new tire? is this normal

The weired part was that at 5k miles, front tire was bald and rear tire was new when i got it. Ofcorse i told the dealer and they put a new one but 5k miles for a new tire? is this normal

afraid so :whistle: you can get alot more depending on what tyre you run & how you ride

Back