HighPerformance Fuels

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Is it safe to run high performance fuels like 100 octane, octane boosters, oxygenated fuels, etc. I know people do it to enhance track times, racing, etc. But what about normal riding. A buddy of mine has a busa that is faster than Wyle-E-Coyote with that rocket strapped to his azz !! I was over his house and he filled up his bike with some stuff called Ultima-4. It smelled sweet like normal high octane racing fuel. I have also heard of some stuff called MR-9. I'm sure occasional use is probably good for cleaning out the injectors, but can more frequent use hurt anything?

I apologize in advance because I'm sure someone has asked before, so take it easy ona brother if this has been hit on before.

The VP Ultima-4 and Nutec are the only 2 that benifit a stock Busa.
Not sure about the VP, but the Nutec is a low octane.
The higher octane racing fuels are of NO benifit to a stock or semi stock Busa!

Is you Buddy's Busa stock?

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102305079 -->

Is it safe to run high performance fuels like 100 octane, octane boosters, oxygenated fuels, etc.  I know people do it to enhance track times, racing, etc.  But what about normal riding.  A buddy of mine has a busa that is faster than Wyle-E-Coyote with that rocket strapped to his azz !!  I was over his house and he filled up his bike with some stuff called Ultima-4.  It smelled sweet like normal high octane racing fuel.  I have also heard of some stuff called MR-9.  I'm sure occasional use is probably good for cleaning out the injectors, but can more frequent use hurt anything?

I apologize in advance because I'm sure someone has asked before, so take it easy ona brother if this has been hit on before.
Throw some MR-9 in the tank and report back...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Only thing is the stuff costs about $100 for only 5 gallons. Don't mix it at all if you can help it...It's best if taken straight like good wiskey. It stinks like the devil, but it does make difference. I pulled it out on some friends over the summer and they all wanted some until they heard the $100 price tag.

Octane boosters and Higher Octane fuels are used help mostly with Detonation. On your stock bike it would just be a waste of money to use anything other than 93. Now if you got a turbo or spraying NOS, you might want to think about it for a few reasons. One the gas burns cleaner and ignites fully making for more HP and torque, but your stock motor would never know the better gas was in there. Two it limits detonation when your timing is advanced i.e.: Drag racing applications. the last way I can think of right now that higher Octane fuels would help is if you were going to run at WOT for a long period of time. meaning hitting the salt flats for a land speed record. You would use better gas so when you motor start to pump air though it you don't detonate and blow the head off the block. If your not going or doing any of the stuff listed then stick with regular 93 octane. Maybe once and a while adding some octane to help with bad gas is fine or injector cleaner hasn't reported back any problems sensors and such.

In case your wondering, No I'm not a mechanic, but I have been racing cars and such since I was a kid. I have built many Chevy 350 Motors in my garage and I have a 1969 Nova that I built with a bullet 355 block and runs 7.49's on the 1/8 mile on pump gas no power adders. So in short I have done some research on gas and what not. But by no means do I know everything there is about the subject. I'm just sharing what I know. hope this helps.

my 2 cents

higher octane is for higher compression, and stock is not a high enough compression

the Ultimate 4 is a higher oxygen content and it will provide more power on a stock bike, it is what I use to run in my quad, but now that I have higher compression I have to run a mix of 91/110

if I am incorrect on this info please inform me.

Lots of data on Octane and wht works and what does not on the sight all for the searching...

Back