Fuel Additives

(Turbo-Torch @ Jul. 31 2007,22:41)
(Radar @ Jul. 31 2007,22:28) So I guess that 87 will be ok for 08?
Until someone gets their hands on an '08 owners manual, who knows?

With a slight bump in compression, I'm going to guess a mid grade will be recommended.
'08's require 91...they bumped the compression ratio from 11 to 1...up to 12.5 to 1
wink.gif

(Investor @ Jul. 29 2007,21:02) Hoping to get some advice on using a fuel additive.  I have an 07 Busa  
race.gif
 purchased about three weeks ago with almost 1000 miles on it  
super.gif
.  After reading info on the board, I've been buring 87 octane (only mod to date is a GIpro) and the bike has been running terrific.  Anyway, since this is my first sports bike (high performance engine), my question is it wise, or necessary, to periodically add a fuel additive.  If so, can you please suggest how often; i.e., every other fill up, every 4th fill-up; every 1000 miles?  Finally, if a fuel additive is recommended, any suggestions on a brand.

It is really nice to know that answers from the experts  
bowdown.gif
 to a question are only a posting away on the board.  Thank you - as usual your advice is greatly appreciated  
beerchug.gif
I use Redline's SI 1 Injector cleaner once or twice a year
wink.gif

Techron and Sea Foam are only additives proven to clean valves/pistons/injectors. There is maybe others but I`m not aware of them. It will not harm the engine and might get it run cleaner. If you riding 10K miles a year or more.
all gas stations use same gasoline from the same closest to them refinery, how silly is idea that they actually any different.

Back