New map running rich I think...

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I have had my new map in for a few rides now and I loaded the yosh full race exhaust, stage 1 cams (don't have this though), and the after market air filter map. (009) I had the yosh duplex exhaust map loaded before...

The bike definetly has a lot more punch to it throughout the RPM band, but I think she is running a little rich. (I smelled gas while crusing in 6th occassionaly yesterday.) The bike also jerks a lot quicker if you are trying to cruise in lower gears at about 4Gs... (have -1 in the front)

Since I am at 6k feet here in Denver, I think the map needs to be leaner. badassbusa is going to let me try his map and I am going to give that a shot as soon as we have time to hook-up again, but my question is this...

Here in Denver, we have 85octane gasoline and I beleive this is because of the altitude. I beleive most have 87 89 and 91-92 octane available. Do you think the 85 octane gas will lean out the fuel a bit for me or will this not make a difference? I know if I had a custom map, this wouldn't be an issue, but low on funds now...

Cloud

lets just do the map deal Maurice & be done with it. lets plan something for this weekend, maybe a ride sunday morning & hope no flat tire this time
biggrin.gif

then we just do the map thing.

Back