Higher Mileage Rear Tire?

Charles, what is the compounds on the PP 2ct? compared to the PP Road 2ct?
I haven't seen Michelin describe a difference between the two as a comparison.

However Sport Rider Mag tire tests hinted that besides a difference in compounds the roads(or any touring/street vs a sport tire) has more tread thickness resulting in longer mileage. Negative would be a little bit heavier tire.

Here's my spot. I put the front and rear pp 2ct's on. i know from past experience the profiles have to be the same or the busa will wag it's tail to much... like when the front is steeper profile than the back. They seem to fight each other with me in the middle and that is not a good feeling.
I just bought another pp 2ct about 2 weeks ago while Cycle gear was giving 15% off. I'd like to try the Avon but I need advice on the two matching up ( pp 2ct front and Avon rear ).

Nick

8k out of the first dunlop quailifer. But it is the only tire i've had on the bike.10k on the front. You got to dlow down.
winkold.gif

I have the pilot roads and am very impressed with them i got 1300 miles on stock. I am pushing 3000 on the pilots and i have about 1/4 tread left. I do alot of aggressive twisty riding .

If you want stick an milage your going to have to compromise but it sounds like your tearing it up in the twisties so a tire like the Avon may not do you well... Avons do last and i have heard little complaining about them in the grip department... they will likely be my next set of tires after the qualifiers wear out on my wheels.

I think what others have said covers the tire debate... sounds like you might want to invest in a suspension tune. Vman got his done and I believe he said his milage went up on his tires
cool.gif

And I can assure you, Kevin rides the dog piss out of his busa. Do a search and look for his traxxion dynamics threads, you'll find he's not your typical busa rider but his skills are phenominal
bowdown.gif

He swears by it, so while its $ up front, might be worth it in tire wear down the road.
beerchug.gif

I need to take lessons on how to get 8K on A Q! must have the perfect amount of time on the sides. I got 2100 miles but flat fl wears em out in the middle. 8K on the 009 stinko Raven.

I get 5-7K miles out of the Maxxis Supermax. I have run them for the last 20K miles. They stick great and only cost $110 for the rear and $65 for a front. My son GSXTacy turned me on to them and we both have been running them for about two years.
Throw up a link where you get em for that price please. Is that 190x55 or x50 on the rear??
whistling.gif

I'm running a pirelli strada, but by the sounds of it, I don't ride even close to nearly as aggressive as you do. I have a little over 3k on it and it's just starting to flatten out the top. it suits me just great. excellent in the rain and holds in the twisties for my mild to medium aggressive style. +1 on what GM said. it's an expensive trial & error. good luck
+1...i love my Strada's for everyday riding/touring...great grip during the winter and/or wet weather and they are made with more rubber and deeper tread so they last longer than the regular Corsa's, i was getting around 6000 +/- miles out of the rear and even more out of the front when i weighed around 290 (only problem was i kept picking up nails)...have a second set of rims that i am putting Corsa III's on for when i want to play on the Dragon, Skyway, etc...best prices and service i have found is here

I get 5-7K miles out of the Maxxis Supermax. I have run them for the last 20K miles. They stick great and only cost $110 for the rear and $65 for a front. My son GSXTacy turned me on to them and we both have been running them for about two years.
Throw up a link where you get em for that price please. Is that 190x55 or x50 on the rear??  
whistling.gif
You have a PM. I get mine from www.motoxoutlet.com.
Thank You for the info, you are rite on with that site!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
Darn good prices and very good customer service as far as how the site works. I'll be using them in the future 4 sure. I have the 190x55 with a front comin now.
ThumbsUp.gif

thumb_up.gif

whistling.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
Darn good prices and very good customer service as far as how the site works. I'll be using them in the future 4 sure. I have the 190x55 with a front comin now.
ThumbsUp.gif
Great tires at super low prices. I think you will like them alot. The 190X55 is a good way to go, they turn in real nice. I'm going back to that combo next set I order.

thumb_up.gif

I love to play but changing rear tires every 12-1800 miles is getting expensive. I got about 2500 on my original and then as I learned to ride the beast my rear mileage has continued to drop. I went with the Michelin pp 2ct front and rear and now 1200 miles later I'm seeing cord.
I don't do burnouts and I don't drag race. I do ride hard through the twisties and I do bring the front up occasionally.
Has anyone tried the new Michelin Road 2ct? it's supposed be harder in the center than the pp 2ct.
I run 42 psi and I weigh 250.

Thanks,

Nick
I've run the stock Battlax to 11,000 on cross country iron butt runs..that's the rear.. The front to 15,000...dealer can't believe it 'til he sees the odometer..no wheelies, burnouts, etc..2 old 4 that.. .just 80 mph steady..been ridin' 46 yrs

super.gif
PM -->
8Daytona8 @ Jan. 17 2008 said:
1275656[/ATTACH] PM]
whistling.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
Great tires at super low prices. I think you will like them alot. The 190X55 is a good way to go, they turn in real nice. I'm going back to that combo next set I order.
They are here! P D Q service and fresh DOT dates too! Thanks again!
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back